2017 BB Recruiting Class

Viewing 2 reply threads

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

I see Utah has signed two 3-star players from the state. ESPN shows Utah has offers out to several other non-Utah players who have not committed anywhere yet.

My questions are 1) how good are the two signed kids, and 2) does Utah have room for additional signees?

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

We only have 2 seniors so I dont know how that works.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I this day and age no scholie is guaranteed for 4 years, so they will make room if the need is there.

Are any of the Utah signees sign-and-sends?

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

We have one more because of the Tim Coleman transfer. I wouldn’t be shocked to see another transfer.
      I think these are two sign and sends though. So I think Utah still has 3 more scholarships available
      We need to get 3 more signees before national signing day.

UtahFanSir
        Ute Fan
        @utahfansir

Coreyc04
          Ute Fan
          @greenstormute

Yeah I have looked at it. I think we are going to sign 3 more players. I think we will get 1-2 JC guys and one Freshman. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a transfer come in with 1 JC guy and one incoming freshman. We need another slashing guard and I would hope that they would come from the JC ranks. I would also like to see a transfer at the wing position(I think it would be smart if it’s a grad transfer). I also would like to see a freshman come in next year and red shirt. It seems to be a good idea because we will be stacked but allowing us to start the rebuilding process after next years large senior class.

UtahFanSir
            Ute Fan
            @utahfansir

Thank you. I am surprised at the recruits shown, while one does not have an offer (yet). By surprise, I mean, I expected more. Yes, I know Utah and K3 has offered a lot of 4 and 5 star kids who are going elsewhere. And, yes, I am happy with the kids now on the court. Yet my concern centers around the need to bring in JC and transfers. Utah seems to be in a weird place recruiting-wise. I’m not sure if it the place (quirky Utah), the coaching staff (admit K3 is not a live wire), or the fact that Utah is still rebuilding its reputation in now a decided changed world, or all three or something I am missing.

As in football recruiting, when Utah begins to stack up more 4 and an occasional 5 star recruits and not need to hit the JC ranks to backfill, I will be a lot more confortable. Utah is still in a catchup mode, and may remain there for a long while. Still I love what I see compared to the 1970s, and 1980s.

Coreyc04
              Ute Fan
              @greenstormute

To me Larry should recruit to make next season the best he can(that team is special but needs just a little help and a JC or a Grad transfer would be really helpful). Getting some help for that team should be paramount. If we can get a freshman who can red shirt and build for the season afterward would be helpful. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) 2017 BB Recruiting Class