Barkley’s comments on team USA

Viewing 2 reply threads

Uteified
      Ute Fan
      @uteified

I love Barkley. He nailed the issue with USA basketball:

“When they put that team together in the future, they have to realize we can’t have just really, really great offensive players. They gotta have players that if they don’t get a shot, they’re not just gonna stand around and mope.”

http://www.espn.com/olympics/basketball/story/_/id/17325713/charles-barkley-critical-team-usa-roster-construction-not-good-team-put-together

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I would love to see this go back to the college players or at least U25

Anonymous
      Inactive

You add Lebron that team would win by 20 every game. You add Curry and it would be even wider margin.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I don’t think its a matter of talent.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Lebron gives you a leader and defense.  Who is the leader on that team? Melo? Please.  NBA stars only listen to who is the best.  Lebron and Curry are the best in the NBA by a wide margin.

Wilson’s Mustache
            Ute Fan
            @sigmaute

Kevin Durant, Paul George, Kyrie Irving….

If you think Lebron and Curry are better than Durant by a large margin you don’t know basketball. Kevin Durant might be the best pure scorer in the league & at 6’11 he’s no slouch on defense either.

As for defense Draymond Green, DeAndre Jordan, Paul George, and Jimmy Butler were all defensive first team players this year.

This isn’t a talent problem.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Lebron is so much more physically gifted than those guys it isn’t even close.  He just recently beat probably the best Regular season team in NBA history.  Team USA without some of the best in the game is a big deal.

I include Curry because he seemingly has no range.

Wilson’s Mustache
                Ute Fan
                @sigmaute

Lebron is a freak athlete but so is Kevin Durant. The guy is 6’11 & has handles like a pg. Kevin Durant is a better overall scorer than Lebron ever has or will be. Lebron is a better defender & overall player however.

Anonymous
                  Inactive

Lebron has several championships and Durant doesn’t. It just isn’t very close. Jordan is the GOAT and Lebron is in that same discussion. I would probably take several historical players over Durant at this point.

Wilson’s Mustache
                    Ute Fan
                    @sigmaute

I understand that the point of the game is to win Championships, but you couldn’t pick a worse way to judge players. There are plenty of great players that haven’t won any & there are plenty of meh players that have many.

By your standards Robert Horry is better than Lebron. Does that make Karl Malone & John Stockton any less impressive?

Besides, Durant is most likely going to win several now anyways.

Anonymous
                      Inactive

Winning championships bolsters the argument though. Duncan and Malone are very different players and have very different accomplishments. A lot of people consider Duncan a center even. I think Duncan is the best PF to ever play the game and winning championships ends the argument. Winning in general makes it easier to say Duncan is one of the best of all time. Malone is very good as well but he also blew it when it mattered. Durant has shown that same ability and looks to win several with the Splash brothers.

I also know winning isn’t the only stat that matters but Lebron elevates his entire team. I don’t see that same ability in Durant or any of the current Team USA roster. Curry makes that Warriors team so much better than it already is.

Anonymous
                      Inactive

You are an NBA GM who could sign Durant or Lebron but not both. You are saying you would take Durant?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Barkley’s comments on team USA