Bush league home cooking down the stretch.

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

You call an offensive foul on Kuzma then let every moving screen on Cal go???

sure the start stunk but really showed some mettle in the 2nd half.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That whole game stunk, I think they are still discussing the  out of bounds play at the monitors. PAC 12 refs are so frustrating to watch. 

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

I will never argue that the refs cost us the game because you can always look at dozens of opportunities we had to win the game despite the officiating.  The refs didn’t have us missing layups, turning the ball over, and taking bad shots.  HOWEVER, let’s not pretend for 1 second that the officiating wasn’t total horses**t.  Collette was being brutalized with no calls.  There were several times where a major foul wasn’t called, but we got the offensive rebound and they did call the foul on the putback.  Calling that one foul on Rooks as “on the ground” when clearly he was in the gather.  It was a complete an utter joke, but bottom line is that even with all that, we are so much better than Cal that we almost pulled it off anyway.  But yeah, f**k the refs, what a joke.

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

So that call where they looked at the monitor forever at the end of regulation, or overtime… Was I the only one that thought the call there should have been an over-the-back foul on Cal?

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute

I think there were two of them, that one and the one where Kuz landed badly, both were terrible calls, clearly a push (reminder, because I know you know this) there is no such thing as “Over the back”  There is only a “push” because you can go “over the back” as long as you don’t touch the other player.  You aren’t entitled to all the airspace over your head, only to your own verticality. But clearly the Cal player ran into Kuzma’s back in knocking that ball out of bounds in both cases.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Bush league home cooking down the stretch.