Butler-Byrd should be back with the team early next week.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’ve said this a thousand times, this isn’t that big of a deal.

He has bargained a plea, will see the judge Monday and come BYU he will be catching TD’s and we will have forgotten all about this.

Hopefully he learned some lessons he can pass onto his child and will be a better man because of it.

Glad to have him on the road back.

Anonymous
      Inactive

So has CBB replaced Travis Wilson as your new player to champion?

Hope you don’t jinx the poor kid.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

What sort of jollies to you get from being a jerk to people anonymously? It’s pretty pathetic.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Your ABSOLUTE optimism in everything at times sounds delusional is all.  You seem so certain with everything and it can bother the realistic people of the world.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Realistic? I said all along that BB would be back by the BYU game and this wasn’t a big deal. Yet I’m unrealistic? Interesting.

Also, I have earned this reputation because I said Utah would win 20 games the past two years. The “realists” said that was insane and Utah no shot at that.

Utah won 19 games.

So, who is the “realist”?

I’ve been optimistic because we’ve been good. It turns out my optimism was very realistic.

What’s happened is that people railed against me so hard and they turned out to be more wrong than I and that rubbed them wrong.

The reality is this:

What Butler-Byrd did was wrong. Had he done this in May, we probably would have never known about it. BUT, in the grand scheme of things, it’s pretty tame and inconsequential. He won’t miss much time, if any at all. He isn’t mentally unstable. He isn’t some abuser of sorts.

What is real, is that too many people went all TMZ and decided that they were going to label the angry black kid as insane or addicted to drugs to give them something to talk about.

They weren’t realistic. They were jerks. And it p**ses them off when I was right and they weren’t.

So, what do they do? Attack me and make fun of me. The “realists”. Who weren’t very realistic at all.

I don’t want this to come off as an attack on anyone. I really, really try not to attack anyone personally, but try to stick to going after their posts. If I have offended anyone personally, I’m sorry.

But to label me as unrealistic, and those who attack me as “realists” is just wrong.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Utah.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Just calling it the way I see it. Your obsession with Travis Wilson was so over the top, you could never see his horrifically bad mechanics, terrible accuracy, and bad mental game. Aside from that, he could leap tall buildings and you were certain he was going to be a high NFL draft pick after just his freshman year. Reality is how sad it was the coaching staff could not recruit an able replacement during his 4 years, because the bar was real low. Such an assessment calls into question ANY and all of the garbage you post on that other site and now apparently here.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. I always said that even with his flaws, he had a shot to be drafted because of his physical skills. I also said that he would get invited to a camp if he wasn’t drafted.

Guess what happened: He was invited to a camp.

You were wrong, so you put words in my mouth and attack my character.

That’s a YOU problem. It’s too bad you feel that way as we both love the Utes and are pulling for the same things.

Also, for the record, Wilson was so bad that all he did was go out and win more games the last two years than any other team not named Oregon.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Actually, I can go dig up posts on UFN where you were predicting his NFL success after his freshman year, but it’s a waste of time because you are ALWAYS RIGHT even when you’re wrong. The games Utah won were testimony to the coaching staff managing the game around his deficiencies, which were numerous. Yeah he got invited to a try out at an NFL camp and he promptly bombed the interview when an errant pass beaned a defensive coach in the head. That’s your boy. SMH. Go back loser.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

Yeah, I agree with @Utah. That was a lame response.

In response to the actual story, I’d be surprised if he misses more than one or two games.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

Will he be cleared with no suspension? Anyone heard anything on that front?

I figured he’d miss one game.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Butler-Byrd should be back with the team early next week.