BYU releases statement saying U of U has cancelled next year's basketball game.

Viewing 9 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

The statement says that Dr. Chris Hill and Coach Larry Krystkowiak have informed BYU that Utah will not play the game in the Marriot Center next year. No reason given. No reason needed. This is Utah’s world and BYU is living in it.

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

I’m embarrassed to be a Utah fan today. Ugh.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

After years of cheap shots, capped off by that ahole zoob player punching Taylor and then mouthing off at coach K, I say yes. Let the bastards rot in their own world.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

And @whistleofmoose there was a reason given:

“The events that have occurred in our recent games with BYU led me to ask Dr. [Chris] Hill several weeks ago if we could take a cooling off period and put the rivalry on hold. The level of emotions has escalated to the point where there is the potential for serious injury. Chris said he would support me in canceling next year’s scheduled game against BYU. I called and let Coach Rose know our intentions a few days after our game.” ~Krystkowiak

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

I thought Coach K was supposed to be some kind of tough guy. What happened to all that Boot camp stuff our guys went through a year or so ago? When did he turn into such a pussy? The way you handle BYU is by continuing to beat them on the court.

EUte
        Ute Fan
        @eute

You don’t keep playing inferior programs that shamelessly and systemically throw blatant sucker punches. This is absolutely the right move, and I love the message it sends to those douche nozzles.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The way you handle BYU is by continuing to beat them on the court.

I like the choice. Plus it makes them look even worse as a candidate for conference expansion. Let them rot.

hnoseguard
      Ute Fan
      @hnoseguard

Absolutely right Moose. If we could just get those pricks off of our football schedule too, I would be so happy.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Larry K is the first to actually tell BYU literally and figuratively to Go F— themselves.

I love this man more and more everyday.

As far as NOT proving anything on the field of play to BYU being viewed as cowardly stfu. Seriously? When has beating BYU at anything humbled them in the slightest?? This is a great move by Utah and I hope Utah continues to move in this direction.

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

I’d be totally fine with it if Larry and Dr. Hill would cancel the series honestly. Just say that they feel the Utah program doesn’t benefit from playing in-State teams and that we would rather not provide a platform for other programs to ride our coattails. Don’t make up crap about being concerned for player safety. No one believes it, and it just gives people reason to complain.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Don’t make up crap about being concerned for player safety. No one believes it, and it just gives people reason to complain.

You could not be more wrong. Player safety is a better reason to cancel this series than any monetary or competitive reason. BYU’s dirty play over the years has been well documented. Google dirty football team and BYU is the first thing that comes up. Fans have been sending Chris Hill letter after letter complaining about BYU’s dirty play and he has listened. I’m embarrassed for you that you care more about this stupid rivalry than you do about our player safety. You disgust me.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I wonder if, in addition to Taylor getting punched, something happened down there last year with coach? Some fans get out of hand?

radioUte
        Ute Fan
        @radioute

You’re a better caricature poster than I gave you credit for.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) BYU releases statement saying U of U has cancelled next year's basketball game.