California at UCLA Game

Viewing 16 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

So far UCLA is torching Cal’s defense. Paul Perkins looks good, Rosen looks good, and Cal’s defense looks very bad.

You’d think with more time to prepare the Cal would be more prepared for UCLA.

UCLA looks good on defense & offense. I really do not want them to catch fire this season when Utah still has to play them.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Paul Perkins holding his knee, now getting up. Walking away with a limp

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah UCLA is looking pretty good. It’s about matchups. Maybe we don’t match up against Cal as well as UCLA.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

“I really do not want them to catch fire this season when Utah still has to play them.”

Why, don’t you want the Utes to play a team at the end of the season that might be ranked? Cal’s front-7 isn’t getting any pressure.

I hate hearing comments like that. To sound cliche… “To be the best, you have to beat the best.”

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Because Utah doesn’t need to play any more ranked teams. If Utah wins out they are a playoff team regardless. If they don’t win out I at least want them to go to the Pac-12 championship game. If Utah drops one & loses to UCLA later in the season then Utah will lose the head-to-head.

This is football, even great teams can get tripped up when they have to go through a meat grinder week-to-week.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Another dropped INT by California… any of you want to go on UH chat? I’ll be there.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by THEeyepatch. Reason: More to say

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Fake punt fail.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

UCLA is blowing Cal off the line.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Cal should feel really good going into Hafltime only down 13 with as poorly as their defense played.

Their offense didn’t even play well.

Cal is still in this game.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

60 yard field goal by UCLA to end the 2nd quarter. Wow.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

UCLA’s kicker just made a school record 60 yard FG.

Couldn’t do that when it mattered against Utah though….twice

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah that was great. 60 yards at sea level is no joke.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

The PAC-12 is so confusing this year. Teams are so up & down this year, no consistency. This is why I think Utah is going to be tripped up sometime this year.

Could be Saturday against USC, who knows?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We have a brain fart game every year (except 2004, 2008).

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Still had a brian fart game in 2008 as well, New Mexico, we just happen to win that one.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Matchup wise Cal and Zona is the worst for Utah.

Anonymous
      Inactive

UCLA looked good. Rosen had no pressure on him all night and took advantage of that. I suspect it will be very different with Utah’s OL. Rosen will be pressured hard by Utah and that will result in mistakes. Even moreso with all the injuries UCLA has suffered.

Cal did not put much pressure on Travis Wilson, but he responded poorly. Had he played like he did against ASU, Utah would have beat Cal in similar fashion, or worse than UCLA did.

WTF was Dykes doing at the end of the game that p**sed Mora off? Same crap he pulled against Utah. He’s quickly becoming the supreme douche bag coach in the PAC-12.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

UCLA definitely not as bad as their score against Stanford suggests. That said ASU thoroughly handled UCLA so I dont know what to think about that

MBAute89
      Ute Fan
      @jtbuckner

Cal is looking a little overrated. Just goes to show anything can happen in the pac-12

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football California at UCLA Game