Cooper Bateman

Viewing 5 reply threads
      1 3

harperhsv
      Ute Fan
      @harperhsv

Cooper Bateman is the most talented QB the Utes have had in years, I’ll give you Alex.  I know it is respect for TW that few comment, but Bateman starts next year at some point and ends up in NFL.

Bateman lost the starting job to a freshman that took his team to the NC  Think how good Rooks will be.

We will find out who is running the offense game 1. If Whitt is calling the shots Williams will get a chance to lose his spot. If Bateman starts you know Kyle has loosenend the reigns to the EWU crew  

Bateman just has a skill set that Utah cannot recruit – yet. A “QB Coach” cannot ignore these skills. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I guess you missed my post in one of the other Bateman threads. Check out the videos here….

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/rolltide/comments/4g066t/film_room_series_cooper_bateman/?client=safari

His accuracy is pretty bad. He’ll never start.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

You realize that Bateman is a career 74% completion %?

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I just don’t see Bateman fitting into Troy Taylor’s system.

Anonymous
      Inactive

You realize that Bateman has 0 career wins and that was at Alabama which loses maybe a game a year? You realize he had a total of 52 pass attempts, which is like one game for a QB at Cal or WASU? You realize he threw 1 TD against 2 INTs and that 1 TD was a screen to a scat back who produced all the yards after catch. Sorry, watch his videos I posted. He sucked. He may of had a relatively high completion %, but his yards/attempt was 5.6 which is abysmal. Might as well run the ball.

The games he played QB in were Wisconsin (7-8 for 51 yards), Middle Tennessee St (11-17 for 98 yards 1 TD 1 INT), Mississippi (11-14 87 yards 1 INT), Charleston Southern (7-11 for 47 yards).

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

So, you had an irrational hate of Wilson, now it’s been transferred to Bateman. 

I see a pattern here. Good for you. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

No this is actually based on facts.  Bateman will not be QB at Utah.  

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

The fact that Whitt said Bateman was starting out as a QB? 

Anonymous
              Inactive

No his hate is justified Bateman has terrible stats as a QB.  Wilson is still a top five QB in Utah history and hate of him is irrational.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Like Beehive said, it’s based on facts and video. In contrast, your irrational position is based on “he earned the starting spot at Alabama and lasted 1+ quarters before they yanked him.” Oh we’ve never seen that before. But it will be duly noted here that Ute2004 predicted Cooper Bateman as starter for 2017 and an NFL starter down the road. Just like your Wilson NFL predictions, which were scuttled when Wilson beaned a DC with an errant pass in his tryout.

Anonymous
            Inactive

“Has Utah ever had a QB play one quarter of Football for ALABAMA!!”

Anonymous
              Inactive

Last time Utah had a QB that threw an INT for every TD, our offense was hand it to Booker.

1 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

Sigh this again? What did he do at Alabama besides be the place holder the majority of his career? As a Senior he lost the job to a freshman 

why did he transfer?  Because he wasn’t playing.  Same reason Browne left USC 

i think he can help the team but I will be very surprised if it’s st QB

Edit people said the same things about Max Browne Jake Heaps
      Bring s top ranked elite 11 QB is no guarantee of success at the next level or against P5 talent

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’d bet Utah gives him reps at QB this spring. I’d imagine one of two things will happen. 

He plays well, and gets a shot at the job or he doesn’t and he gets moved. 

I think he gets a shot, but not a big shot. I think we close spring with a QB competition between two of Huntley, Williams and Bateman…unless Troy just plays out of his mind, which would be my preference. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

I think he will get a shot at warming up Huntley and Williams arm.  Beyond that……Utah fans probably get excited about him in the red/white game.  

Anonymous
          Inactive

Yeah?  I’m not seeing it.  Cooper just doesn’t seem to have the “it” factor to play QB at this level. He had all kinds of opportunity and weapons at his disposal and he wasn’t able to get it done.  

What makes you think he’ll succeed now when he hasn’t the last four years?

i get that the guy is great athlete but he just doesn’t seem ready to be a D1 QB 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I don’t know if he succeeds. I’m just saying Whitt has said he will get a shot at QB. 

My horse in this race is Troy Williams or Huntley. I would much rather either just blow us away in spring ball and take the job. 

Ideally, I’d love for Troy to blow up for us. I like redemption stories. Nothing better than Troy, being the #1 dual threat guy in high school, getting a new coach who had no desire for his skills, going JC, coming back and taking down Washington as a SR. That is an amazing story. I’d love for to happen. 

Mano
          Ute Fan
          @mano

I’d bet Utah gives him reps at QB this spring. I’d imagine one of two things will happen.
          He plays well, and gets a shot at the job or he doesn’t and he gets moved.
          I think he gets a shot, but not a big shot. I think we close spring with a QB competition between two of Huntley, Williams and Bateman…unless Troy just plays out of his mind, which would be my preference.

With a new OC coming in, I think it would be irresponsible not to look at all the QB’s in the fold and have an open competition. I have no idea what order Bateman, Williams and Hundley wind up in, but I expect the staff to throughly evaluate them all and make the selection that is best for the team. I hope whoever comes out on top does great, and whoever backs them up pushes them.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Sigh this again? What did he do at Alabama besides be the place holder the majority of his career? As a Senior he lost the job to a freshman 

How is he playing at Utah if he was a senior at Alabama?

Anonymous
          Inactive

Graduate transfer with one year of eligibility left. Senior was his academic standing.

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

Graduate transfer with one year of eligibility left. Senior was his academic standing.

Is he a Grad Transfer? What if his petition to get a year back goes through?

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

not sure how to delete from my phone

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cooper Bateman