Dennis Erickson has been huge for us. Both Moss and Simpkins were his recruits

Viewing 6 reply threads

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

and saw significant time for us last Saturday (Freshman).  I hope he is happy and stays with us a long time.  Tyler Huntley, another Erickson recruit, is going to be a special player.

That said, how do we keep this mini – Florida pipeline when Erickson retires?

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Simple. Make sure that the guys that come from Florida are coached up right and are able to make big impacts on the field right away.

Also continuing to build a pedigree of winning help a lot too.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I wish Dennis Erickson a long, long, long and happy life.
      I’m more worried about age and infirmity than I am about him wanting to go elsewhere. I think he’s happy where he is and this may very well be his intended final stop.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I hope he is mentoring some of the other coaches but you just can’t replace Ericksons name recognition in Florida or anywhere for that matter

Anonymous
      Inactive

In the parking lot before the game we met (separately) John Pease and Dennis Ericson. Made a point of introducing ourselves and thanking. In particular we thanked Dennis for his continued recruiting efforts. Both these guys were very nice.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

I’m sure when Dennis finally decides to hang it up Kyle will seriously look to the state of Florida to find a replacement.  Demari, Huntley, and Moss all came from the same high school.  Maybe that head coach is ready for a college job.  Or, since Kyle normally doesn’t go outside his network, maybe in a few years Brian Johnson would be open to coming back.  He’s been in SEC territory the last few years.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Is Bobby Bowden available? What about the Ol’ Ball coach????!!!! We can hire them as consultants like Alabama did with Sarkisian.

Maybe we can lure Jimmy Johnson out of his announcing gig. Those three would kill it in Florida.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by UTE98.
Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dennis Erickson has been huge for us. Both Moss and Simpkins were his recruits