Dimick PAC 12 Defensive POY

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Utah DE Hunter Dimick: Dimick leads the Pac-12 and is tied for third in the nation in sacks (14.5) and tackles for loss (20.5). A four-year starter, he has a school-record 29.5 career sacks and his 44.5 career tackles for loss is third all-time at Utah. Also, he is currently tied for the Utes team lead in pass breakups with six and ranks fourth in tackles with 53. The coaches chose Adoree’ Jackson as their Player of the Year, and that’s a great choice, too. Within the ESPN.com discussion, there was a not unjustifiable advocacy for UCLA DE Takkarist McKinley, who might have a brighter NFL future. But if Pac-12 folks wanted a different defensive player of the year, they should have blocked Dimick better. Finally, while it’s not a football thing, we will also admit that Dimick earning Pac-12 All-Academic honors all four years — including first-team status in 2015 and 2016 — didn’t hurt his candidacy. A communications major, he carries a 3.33 grade point average.

Anonymous
      Inactive

ESPN gets it…..

I will have to say Dimick was kind of quiet in most of PAC12 games.  He exploded in about two games. Zona and ASU.  

Anonymous
      Inactive

Also that five down lineman crap needs to go away totally removed him from the play at times.  

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Don’t often agree with you BU, but you’re dead on with this one.  A) It takes HD out of the play, B) if a RB can get past the first guy, he was guaranteed to get at least 5 yards.  Bad idea.  There is a reason most teams do not do it.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

I agree that 5 down lineman is a bad idea, but for some reason Scalley didn’t think Donovan was ready to play and there is no depth at LB to even play 3 without Donovan.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I thought the 5 down lineman was to compensate for lack of linebackers which was filled by Chase Hansen playing hybrid safety/linbacker?

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dimick PAC 12 Defensive POY