Emery'a punch of Taylor.

Viewing 7 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

So I watched it a few times and it didn’t look like Emery connected with Taylor’s face. Yet he is holding his head like he did. You can see Emery’s intent and he also said something to Taylor so kind of curious about those facts.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@Tony so the chat window is kind of all over for me. It blocked my view while typing this first post. I am using an iPhone 6 with Chrome.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It connected. Complete cheap shot.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The cheap shot to me was the media timeout and Emery full on checked him by the scorers table.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

@beehiveute I disabled the chat tab on mobile devices. See if that helps.

I was at the game last night and this is the first opportunity I’ve had to comment on it. While at lunch today with the wife a table of zoobs were talking about this byu punching incident, saying that Taylor “provoked” the punch and that the “full video” should be watched.

Under no circumstances is punching another player acceptable, provoked or not. It was a cheap shot by a clown who got his ass thrown out of the game. The refs got it right.

Anonymous
      Inactive

@admin Thanks that is better.

Some BYU fans are full on religious extremist when it comes to the athletic program. Provoked righteous retaliation is a good label for this incident. I have a coworker defend the Miami brawlers saying it was all self defense. So if benches cleared and Utes started a brawl at the Huntsman center over Emery’s cheap shot it is justified? No sense I would be disgusted personally. Don’t let emotions rule the man.

Dhisatake
      Ute Fan
      @dhisatake

Face

BYU fans are dumb. Ball is in the air Taylor turns to block out, Emery winds up before he’s contacted.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The replays shown by deadspin linked above by @dhisatake aren’t the best angle. The replay they showed twice in the Huntsman center showed douchebag winding up and taking a deliberate punch at Taylor. It was obvious.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Emery'a punch of Taylor.