I like the unchecking category thing

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

As long as we have a category police to enforce it. Any shoehorn U references or politics in my football or hell UFN talk. I want a cease and desist order sent via email. Failure to comply may earn you a strict warning in the thread itself advising of your infraction….

Or just …..or we could all just not talk about that s**t because seriously how pointless is talking politics with a stranger online?

Tony great site I can just scroll past I am fine with that but it becomes ridiculous because you get all the hijacks that Ufn had.  Post something about Utah football and then someone puts some dumbass remark about an unchecked category hijacked just like that.

2 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

So, because you can’t scroll past something, we all have to conform to you? 

Nope. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

You know what your problem is? You only comprehend like maybe 20% of what you read

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’m mostly just curious why this couldn’t go in the other thread about it. Since we’re taking about thread/category police and all…

Anonymous
        Inactive

Exactly and that is a very valid point which will result in some pretty hefty sanctions. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I haven’t really enforced posts being in the right category too much. There have been some zoob related posts in “football” which I get… And does one post about say Arizona football in “football” or in “Pac-12?” Yeah that’s stuff I wake up at 3am thinking about.

But yes, the way the check/uncheck gig would have to work would be if the members posted in the right place.

Anonymous
        Inactive

It won’t keep you up at night but it just means eventually no traffic at all. I haven’t looked at UFN for awhile, I think a month or so. I went over there and you have politics being discussed by the same old people bitching about the same old things. Then you have one football related post with maybe three replies. It is obvious to me or maybe presumptious that people do have the category unchecked but the politics is drowning out the Football related posts. 

But that is just my perception on that matter so I enjoy the strict sports talk on here. Ironic that your previous thread on this subject actually got people talking for a change. 

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

Keep in mind that we are smack dab in the middle of one of the craziest political times any of us have seen in our lifetimes. It’s bound to get some significant attention, regardless of what else is going on.

Anonymous
            Inactive

Yeah and sports is my way of ignoring all that crap for a little bit.  

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

I can’t disagree with any of that. Regardless of anyone’s views it’s been more crazy and perversely fascinating than anything I’ve ever witnessed. I expect it to get more so in the next few weeks.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc I like the unchecking category thing