I love Whit, but if either OC is still employed at Christmas, I may have to

Viewing 8 reply threads

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

re-think the whole thing.

Granted, the players didn’t play well.  But coaches have to understand rythm, skill sets and timing.  Our OC’s do not.  

Oh well.

Anonymous
      Inactive

12 drops 2015 WR’s came back.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Agreed, however that doesn’t explain the play calling the last two weeks, especially in the red zone.  One of the best backs doesn’t see the ball with any consistency, including two times in the red zone.  

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

A Rod needs to be fired. Period. That many trips inside the 10 yard line and you don’t come up with a touchdown? He is a MWC coach AT BEST. And notice how our QBs tend to regress as the season progresses? Solely on him. If Whitt doesn’t fire him then Chris Hill needs to step in and do it himself.

Harding should be demoted to O Line coach. He’s done a good job there and I believe he can continue to succeed.

We need to spend money on a true OC (Sarkisian) and a true QB coach. ARod has never played QB and I blame him solely for our quarterbacks regressing as the season goes on.

Nothing to hang our hats on these last two weeks. Heads need to roll.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

I don’t think they regress, rather other teams improve and learn what we do, whereas we don’t improve and change things, tweaks, etc…  Results are the same and your comments are just as true in regards to the coaches.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

I believe that part of the perceived “regression” is that our offense never changes, which lies at the feet of the offensive coordinator. So I do believe that they are responsible for the QB play.

Anonymous
        Inactive

This MWC coach insult is so lame.  Chris Peterson and Whitt are MWC coaches.  

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

They were MWC coaches that have proven that they can compete at the P5 level. ARod is a MWC coach who belongs in the MWC

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

How many years without a single division win before we should want the whole thing blown up? The sample size is growing and at some point we are what we are… Slightly above average for a Power 5 school and that’s it.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

I would agree with you if I believed that we had the money to get a better coach than Whitt. Nationwide he is consistently regarded as an excellent HC. I do not believe that we have the bankroll to do better than him. I DO believe that we can pay out for better assistant coaches around him.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Whit’s a good coach, but if he doesn’t find an answer quickly for the offense, it’s his head. I would rather keep him as I don’t think we could bring in the coaches others feel we can. let’s face it, utah isn’t exactly a sought after destination.

DanielLaRussoUte
        Ute Fan
        @daniellarussoute

1 year is a fluke.
        2 years is a trend.
        6 years is a culture.

I have no delusions of this coaching staff winning a division.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

I don’t know Utah’s finances but it would seem they are very cash flow positive on their football program. How did Colorado turn around so fast with a program that was less esteemed and valued across country past decade? At some point we have to look at coaching don’t we? Not assuming we need to get the biggest name coach but maybe someone dynamic like the Western Michigan young hot shot coach. Who knows?

1 1

Anonymous
      Inactive

We need to hire Lane Kiffen.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Even joking that makes me feel dirty thumbs down.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Doesn’t have to be a big coach but a dynamic offensive mind as an OC. Why does any school become a destination? Because of a history of winning. Has anyone ever been to Norman OK? Not a better school academically and certainly not a better destination from a quality of life perspective but a long history of success. Though experiment – If Urban Myer had stayed do you think we would have a division title yet? Joining the Pac 12 took the excuses away from Utah fans, administration et al to think of ourselves as not worthy of the best. We are getting good talent but need better play at QB and a better overall offensive scheme.

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

Why would Lane Kiffen leave Alabama to come to Utah as an O coordinator? Perhaps you were speaking about head coach?

radioUte
      Ute Fan
      @radioute

I don’t understand why people are 1. complaining about the OC or 2. even discussing the possibility of a top-level offensive coach coming here.

As long as Whittingham is the head coach the offense will be mediocre at best and either the 9th or 10th offensive coordinator in almost as many years is not going to change that.

For the same reason, you will never see a big-name offensive coach take a position under Whittingham. It is career suicide.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I love Whit, but if either OC is still employed at Christmas, I may have to