Kenneth Scott has got it all

Viewing 3 reply threads

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

He’s got the size. He’s got the speed. He’s got the experience. He’s got the attitude and the work ethic. He’s got the opportunity.

He’s got everything except the production. And the results. And the catches and the yards and the big plays.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I actually don’t think he has speed and that’s his biggest problem. He gets no separation from his defender down the field where his size would be utilized the best.

Hockeybeard
        Ute Fan
        @hockeybeard

3 passes against Fresno St show otherwise – where he had enough steps on the defender to cause them to panic and commit a penalty.

utejeph
      Ute Fan
      @utejeph

I have been waiting for years for K. Scott to really break out. He has great hands and really excels at the jump balls. I just think that our offense just doesn’t fit his style of play.

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

We throw his way plenty. He almost makes the play most of the time. I think Iowa is right he isn’t fast enough to get open.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I tend to agree. On top of that he seems to have awful luck. He seems to get overthrown, underthrown or interfered with a lot.

Uterider
          Ute Fan
          @uterider

That’s what I mean. He almost makes a lot of big plays. He almost converts a lot of first downs. He’s unlucky an awful lot, lo these two years now. Or it could be he’s not that good and is a metaphor for the Ute’s receiving corps overall.

DeVonte Booker led all Ute receivers at half time last week with 12 yards.

That ain’t gonna beat no ducks in Autzen.

GiantUte
            Ute Fan
            @giantute

Wasn’t aware of that final stat. That is shocking and must improve. I’m in the TW camp and believe it will when he is back behind center.

Maybe I’m overly pessimistic re: KScott, but I seem to remember some missed blocks on screen passes, too.

Wilson’s Mustache
              Ute Fan
              @sigmaute

Missed blocks by the receiving corp is my biggest knock on them right now. They have been awful at blocking on screen passes & on run plays this year.

Say what you want about the receiving corp last year, but they were, overall, good at blocking.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kenneth Scott has got it all