LaVell was a great guy and coach. I really loved how he approached the rivalry

Viewing 4 reply threads
      2 3

Junior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @juniorute

I belive we will get back to that place now that we have Kalani across the sidelines. RIP

8 3

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Were you around in the 70’s and 80’s? 

Big Z
      Ute Fan
      @bigz

I don’t remember him being that cordial to the rivalry, any chance he had to run up the score he did. It wasn’t until MAFU came to town and made Utah competitive that Lavell started to be the nice guy.

I’m sad to see him pass, he’s a legendary coach but when it comes to the rivalry I hated that man.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I respect LaVell’s accomplishments, but have similar feelings.  I grew up in the era where they kicked our asses every year and ran up the score, throwing bombs in the 4th quarter with all their starters in when they were up by 4 TD’s.

6 1

Red Don
      Ute Fan
      @reddon

He was a great coach for the time and an OK guy.  I haven’t forgot the running up the score stuff either.  Sitake isn’t a Ute anymore so I don’t care what he does or where he does it.  He’s one of “them.”

8 1

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

I lost all respect for Kalani when he left Utah to take a lateral position with no increase in pay or prestige. The lack of respect turned to dislike when he took the helm at BYU and gushed about how much he loved BYU and always “bled blue.”

Screw him, I hope he loses every game.

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Going forward Utah should NEVER hire former zoobs – problem solved

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Like Kyle Whittingham.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo LaVell was a great guy and coach. I really loved how he approached the rivalry