Majerus interview

Viewing 2 reply threads

mesovanhorny
      Ute Fan
      @mesovanhorny

In the past week or two, we hit the 4th anniversary of Big Rick’s passing.  I’ve thought a lot about Rick these past few days.  He was an amazing guy with a remarkable basketball mind, and he was as funny as hell.  I know many don’t appreciate him because of some of his behavior, but man, what a coach.

I got to know Rick a bit, had some great conversations with him and came to really appreciate him.  At one point, I got up the stones to ask him how a guy could get an official Majerus sweater.  He stopped and looked at me and said, Well, I only wear one per season.  It gets dry cleaned after every game.  Call me after the season and I’ll send it to you.”  So I called his assistant, she reminded Rick of his promise, and sent me the sweater you see as my icon.  It hangs on the wall in my office with a kind inscription on it.

Anyway, for what it’s worth, I found a really great interview with Big Rick before he took the Saint Louis job and while he was still working as an analyst with ESPN.  Enjoy.

Majerus interview

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

On our tree every year since he passed and always will be.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

On our tree every year since he passed and always will be.

Mine TOO!!!!

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Thanks, MSVH, for posting that; saw it many moons ago, but great to see again!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.