Michigan/TDS game

Viewing 3 reply threads

User Suspended
      @a2ute

I live near the Big House and as a season ticket holder I attended the TDS game last weekend. I was kinda surprised on how much Ute gear was in the Stadium….

Even more strange was a “Max still hates me” sign that was broadcasted on the stadium big screen.I gotta assume most of these Ute fans had to travel to Ann Arbor and my question is…Why??

Someone would have to put a gun to my head before I’d travel cross country to specifically watch a TDS game… again I don’t get it.

ttexastim
      Ute Fan
      @ttexastim

I wouldn’t assume that they traveled cross country to the game. I’d assume they were like you, and lived closeby. Then again, this rivalry does bring out some crazy efforts from fans. I recall a BYU fan renting a plane to fly a “harline’s still open” sign over a Ute game in CA somewhere (memory is real fuzzy on that). An Auburn buddy of mine went to an Alabama road game in Dallas and plastered fliers (that had some smack about their coach) all over the light posts and entrances to the other teams stadium. Some people just get passionate about that stuff I guess.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Must have been locals?

I have a friend with season tix to Notre Dame. He invited me to the TDS game there but I declined.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

There are a few outlying “Ute” fans who go out of their way to make sure they knock on BYU every chance they get. Trust me, they are certainly the exception rather than the norm.

Most Ute fans try and limit their interaction with BYU and their delusions to “rivalry” week, but there are always some fans, as with any fan base, that feel the need to make a big deal about the “rivalry” every chance they get.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Michigan/TDS game