New LIKE BUTTON VOTING system

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hey @hammer this one is partly for you. I’ve programmed and installed an entirely NEW like voting system. The old system was great, and was a quick solution to get the site running. But it came with a monthly cost, albeit pretty small. Because there was an issue with this not working in Firefox on PC’s (maybe Macs but don’t know for sure), because the old like system cost money, and because I wanted the challenge, I started programming a new system about a week ago. I’m now confident enough to have deployed it on the site.

The buttons look exactly the same in the forum areas, so aesthetically you’ll see no change. There may be some bugs though, so please report anything strange. Hopefully this resolves the firefox issue.

This new system also allows me to take the voting stuff to another level. Soon I’ll setup a way of viewing the most popular, and most unpopular posts and link to them. That will be another way of getting a bit more engagement and fun here.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Well, I’ve done some basic voting and that seems to work. There are some counter issues when you vote and unvote and vote again. Anyway I’ll keep at it and get all that tweaked.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This site is already so much better than the alternatives. We need to get traffic on it.

Thanks again Tony.

Anonymous
      Inactive

All I ever wanted is to be liked.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

There you go!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Ok I found some bugs and I hope they are now fixed! Hope you “like” it!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Ugh, one more bug. In the regular forum area the votes are all the same for each post.

Still a few tweaks but on the home page and individual blog pages they’re working.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Pardon me while I pat myself on the back. That was very complicated but I figured out the duplicate like button issue.

The forum now shows them correctly.

At this point I think they’re rocking 100%! Do you LIKE it?

I’ll wait to see if there are any bugs and will soon be able to build a little module showing the most liked and disliked posts… I could even show WHO liked or disliked, but not sure I’m going to do that yet.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site How To Use Ute Hub New LIKE BUTTON VOTING system