New OC?

Viewing 5 reply threads
      2 2

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Anyone have any insight as to what is going to be happening with the OC position this off-season?

I would like to see a significant change made there, but I’m afraid we are going to be stuck with this s**t-show of an offense for at least another year. 

Anybody hearing anything regarding possible changes?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Haven’t heard anything in the OC world. I’d like get a good QB coach who can DEVELOP and improve a QB. Seems like we make QB’s worse.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

If I had to guess you will see little to no changes unless someone leaves.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

We would have to wait until signing period ends if any news will come out.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Current regime has pulled in Troy Williams, Huntley, Shelley and now Tuttle. Williams story is still being written but he was at least serviceable this year. 2017 QB is going to be much better whether it’s Williams or Huntley. I like what’s happening with the offense. It’s a slow build just like everything else has been. Offense (QB for that matter) is the last piece of the power 5 Pac-12 build out.

I’d rather not see a change regarding our OC situation unless it’s a slam dunk. A slam dunk ain’t happening.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

The problem I have with that is this was Hard-Rod’s second year running the show and they supposedly had a more talented QB this go around, but the offense wasn’t any better than the year before, particularly the passing game. Even more damning is the late season collapse that really seemed to be the result of a predictable and inept offense.

I’m not thrilled with the idea of changing OCs, yet once again, but I’m even less enthusiastic about the idea of bringing back the guys who didn’t show any improvement from year 1 to year 2 and aside from 3 games have looked anywhere from mediocre to inept.

coachmorse8
      Ute Fan
      @coachmorse8

Utah Ute offense

2013                                              2014                                  2015                                                      2016

Yards   TD’s   PPG    Yards   TD’s   PPG                         Yards   TD’s     PPG                     Yards   TD’s     PPG

Rushing       1929      19     29.2   2475    21       31.3                         2379    24      30.6                       2526    24          30.2

Passing      2835        22               2570    20                                        2340     15                                    2603     15

Coach talks about balance and I beleive that is going to be key going forward. I like the offesnive trend and the balance look for Utah to score 55 TD’s next year is the magic number.

Point difference

2012       1.5

2013    1.2

2014    6.4

2015    8.3

2016    6.3

I believe with the same offense and offensive coaches we will see a moderate improvement in our offensive numbers similar to the numbers we had in 2008. As we had a 4th year coordinator in 2008.  Give Troy and the boy’s this bowl game and the spring to clean up the missed reads, dropped passes, and experience factor and Utah will be averaging 36 points a game next year with a 3000 yard passer, two 700 yard running backs and 4 receivers over 500 yards. This team will be scary good next year even if some of the close calls and games don’t go their way.

Utah is a team to fear week in and week out!!

Go Utes!!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.