Troy Taylor as the new OC.  Thoughts?

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Link? 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Jake Browning’s HS coach and QB trainer. I think Fred Whittinghams son played for him too. He would be a very good QB coach.

He did a great job at Eastern Washington this year. I think he would be a good pickup at QB coach.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I don’t think Whitt is shopping for an OC. I think Harding will get that job to himself.

I think we’ll see a new OL and QB coach.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Know nothing about him; who is he?

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

OC/passing coordinator at Eastern Washington (who is a very good FCS team).

Uterider
      Ute Fan
      @uterider

I vote for someone who has coached on a bigger stage. I don’t have a vote.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Hey ’72. Is this rumor actually floating around or are you just speculating on good candidates? Frankly I love the idea.

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

How does A rod get axed and Harding basically get a promotion? If the offense sucked enough to fire someone why would you hand full control to what is deemed part of the problem?

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Because our running game was top notch and our OL has been getting better under Harding. It’s the passing game that suffers.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Utemachine – because, our run game was very, very good this year. Our overall offense improved this year. We were seventh. Harding was in charge of the run game, and we were third in the PAC-12 in rushing. 

Honestly, if you could only fix ONE thing, it would be red zone offense. We were 108th out of 126. If we were average, we’d be playing Alabama or Penn St this weekend. 

Our offense wasn’t as bad as everyone is whining about. Our RED ZONE offense was terrible. Harding was a success this year. Why not give him the job? 

I’d rather Harding over someone else outside of the program. Harding knows what Whitt wants. He knows how Utah works. He is an ace recruiter. He was a great OC as far as the run game goes. Let’s keep the offense improving, move the successful part forward and get rid of the unsuccessful part (ARod). 

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

Good points, I’m just looking for an upgrade at OC and I’m not convinced it’s Harding. Although, Harding won major points with me when he yelled at Kyle to “f—ing fire me!” Clearly in that moment he didn’t have an issue standing up to Kyle.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.