New unis for 2016-17

Viewing 6 reply threads

norm
      Ute Fan
      @norm

I know some people think it’s silly, but I’m kind of a uniform geek and I know some others are too. What do you guys think of the new basketball uniforms debuted last night? At first look I hated them, but they’re growing on me already. I could do without the wordmark on the shorts, but otherwise they’re a pretty clean and unique look imho.

basketball unis 2016-17

norm
      Ute Fan
      @norm

The zig zags, or mountains or whatever they are kind of remind me of these:

Keith Van Horn

Anonymous
        Inactive

reminds me of this

Texasute
      Ute Fan
      @texasute

I like them. Unique without being cartoonish.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

What’s the point?

Are they experimenting with different designs hoping to identify one that we can build our brand around?  One that will eventually become our classic look and that will link present and future generations of Utah teams and fans?

Or is this just the look de jour that allows Under Armour to showcase its own brand until next year when they’ll give us another new look?

Obviously, Under Armour is paying us a lot of money for the latter. We’ve sold out our brand, plain and simple. I used to be a uniform geek like you, but now it’s totally pointless. We’ll never have a clean and simple look like we did when I was growing up or when I was attending the U. And on that same note, we’ll never have our own classic, recognizable collegiate-looking brand either.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

Exactly – while I could understand an argument that the zig-zag mountains has some non-specific native American thing going as well as evokes local geography the cartoon mountains, but even if that is the goal these things are just not attractive or cool.
        We don’t have crazy cool/unique/ugly Maryland/Oregon uniforms, and we don’t have cool/classic PSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Alabama uniforms: we are in between and therefore nowhere. 
        Not impressed.
        Drum and Feather with crisp red and white would sell better. I can’t imagine anyone shelling out money for those shorts.

norm
        Ute Fan
        @norm

I don’t disagree with anything either of you have said as I’m actually somewhat of a traditionalist myself. I’d also like if we stuck with one classic look, but I guess I’ve accepted that it is not going to happen so I may as well enjoy whatever surprises they come out with each year.

Maybe I’m part of the problem 🙂

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t like the shorts.

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

So many fashionistas!

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I’m no fashionista, but I was abused as a child. My mom used to drag me to fabric stores, my wife tries every once in a while to do the same, but spousal abuse will no be tolerated.

Oh, and they reminded me of ricrac ribbon.

ricrac ribbon

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) New unis for 2016-17