Observation from the Cal Loss

Viewing 3 reply threads

Tomasina
      Ute Fan
      @tomasina

Drove out to watch the Cal game, and had a wonderful experience (despite the ending).  Loved the stadium, but was surprised at how empty it was, and how it fits more than RES.  It felt much smaller than our field.

At the end of the game, I sat dejected and watched as the Cal team rushed the field celebrating the victory.  The field was literally covered in players jumping and pumping their fists in victory over Utah.  The fans, likewise, celebrated in the stands.

My observation is this… if 10 years ago you would have told me that you would see this level of celebration from a PAC school for beating a Utah team… I NEVER would have believed it.  Not only have we joined the PAC12… but we belong.  Playing top tier schools week-in and week-out is (despite the tough losses) immeasurably better than watching us play the Colorado States, New Mexico, and Wyoming’s (no offense to them, as I love the history of our team in which they play a part).  

Being a PAC12 member, and seeing that we belong, and can play and beat anyone on any given Saturday… it is a wonderful thing.

fiatlux
      Ute Fan
      @fiatlux

Glad you had a great experience.

With all due respect, the level of celebration wasn’t because we were excited we beat Utah, we were excited we won, especially in that manner… 7 plays after first and goal and the defense held is what people were excited about it. It could have been you, CSU or Airforce and the reaction would have been the same.

Good luck the rest of the season.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

It could have been you, CSU or Airforce and the reaction would have been the same.

Most Pac-12 teams would be ashamed if they had to make a last-second goal line stand in order to beat CSU.

So, I find it interesting that doing so would give Cal cause for celebration. Is it because Cal has already lost to a MWC team this year?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Didn’t we lose to CSU in a goal line stand?

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

yes.  had a huge blowout with some neighbor girls at USU who stopped by my apartment to watch the game.  I was not happy.  They laughed at me.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Observation from the Cal Loss