OK, time for a bit of a rant

Viewing 20 reply threads

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

What the hell, people?

Seriously, what the hell?

Why is everyone trying to unload their Oregon State tickets? This is going to be the most fun we’ve seen on a football field since Oregon got trounced! I can’t wait to see Gary Anderson’s prune face and Sitaki freaking out at everyone because we’re kicking their patooties all over the place.

So we lost to USC. BIG FREAKING DEAL. We KNEW we weren’t going to go undefeated. I’d rather lose now and have the rest of the season to re-build our ranking and reputation than to lose at the end of the season.

We are still in the lead in the South. Life is good.

Travis Wilson is a kid. This year will be just fine. But can you imagine how great NEXT year is going to be??? Cox looks like the real deal. Hansen will give a better go at it than I think people are willing to admit. We’ll be better off at QB than we’ve been in years after this season. Combine that with our increasingly awesome depth, stellar coaching, and increased confidence, and we have the potential for some very special seasons after this one.

And THIS one will STILL be a special season! How cool is that???

Domo needs to shut his trap. Dude got posterized and deserved it with all his trash talking.

Halloween sucks.

Life is good!

The end.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ll never hawk my tix, no matter how the team is playing. And THIS game has been on my mind for a long time. HALLOWEEN at the tailgate and RES? Sign me up.

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

So, I agree with most of what you said. Things are bright and if you told me at the beginning of the season we would be sitting at 6-1, first in the division and #13 in the country I would take that in a second.

However, I won’t be at the game on Saturday because I have three little girls that are bouncing off the walls with excitement about Halloween and having me take them trick-or-treating. I love the Utes and am still fully on the bandwagon, but my kids are a bigger priority. I think there are probably a lot of people in the same boat.

I will DVR the game, and won’t check social media all night. I plan on watching the game and cheering my heart out late on Saturday night once the kids are in bed.

Go Utes! Crush the Beavers!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Why don’t you take your kids trick or treating at the tailgate lot and then to the game? Most everyone will have candy there.

utegolfman
      Ute Fan
      @utegolfman

Kids over football. Has nothing to do with how the team is playing. My seats will have Ute fans in then for sure though.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We are bringing my 3 year old boy. He will trick or treat at the tailgate.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Luckily my kids hate Halloween so we all get to hang out together and watch the game.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I get the kids over football thing.

Just sucks to see so many people looking to unload tickets.

UtahSig
        Ute Fan
        @utahsig

If it makes you feel any better I am giving my tickets to my brother and sister and they are huge fans.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

One of the rare times I wish we had the Thursday game

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Good point! It could definitely be worse though. An 8pm start would be rough.

The Lone Wolf
      Ute Fan
      @thelonewolf

You think next year is going to be better than this year? After losing Wilson, Booker, Covey, Scott, Asiaita, Norris, Whittingham, Paul, Poole, Thompson, Aiono, Carter, Hacket, and possibly Patrick? How is Utah going to be better? This is a once in a decade type season. Utah fans better be enjoying this.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Depth, my friend. Depth.

The Lone Wolf
      Ute Fan
      @thelonewolf

Utah’s depth is great, but Paul, Carter, Booker, Norris, Hackett, and possibly Wilson, Aiono, and Asiata will get a shot in the NFL. It’s not easy to replace that kind of talent. Utah will win 6-8 games next year, which is good, but they won’t do what they have done the last two years.

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

Lefty, What makes you think Cox will be next years starter? Currently he is fourth or fifth on the depth chart and not seeing any game time or reps. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him transfer. He has a cannon for an arm, but he has not shown that he can read defenses or check down his receivers or consistent accuracy. There is a reason the Utes recruited a JC QB and it isn’t to back up Cox.

The Lone Wolf
        Ute Fan
        @thelonewolf

Cox will be third string next year.

Utah man forever
          Ute Fan
          @uman

I agree third, fourth string or gone. There is a good chance both Manning and Cox will be gone.

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

So I’ll be attending my first game in over 30 years this week. Flying in from Nashville.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

So I’ll be attending my first game in over 30 years this week. Flying in from Nashville.

Cool! Stop by the tailgate and say hello. North end of row H.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I don’t know why I think Cox will get some consideration. I have no logic or facts to base it on. Just a hunch.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Seems like every one of these guys we are talking about was supposed to be the next Alex Smith, but now it is all up in the air, so to speak. When will we get that great QB recruit?

The Lone Wolf
        Ute Fan
        @thelonewolf

Tony, you did get that great QB recruit. His name is Travis Wilson. Offers from half the PAC 10, elite 11 kid, big time measurables, good speed. He just wasn’t developed because of Utahs ridiculous revolving OC and QB coach mess.

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

I blame a series of events in his sophmore season for killing him mentally (losing a friend and then coming out and throwing all those picks against UCLA, coming out in the next few games with a torn up hand and sprained index finger, all the while standing behind a crap o-line and getting pasted several times a game)

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I missed that one.

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

Hub, The Utes first have to decide which offence they want to run and recruit to it both QB and coaches to that system alone. Example: Whitt brings in Norm Chow and Chow likes a pro set drop back QB and recruits to it. Hence Cox and Manning. This year ARod recruits two pro style drop back passers one JC from Cali, and another a HS senior in FLA. If Whitt (coaches) are so in love with a read option why do the Utes recruit pro set drop back QB’s? Also the blocking schemes are different for each system, so not only do we need to recruit QB but also lineman, receivers and backs to that system. It is as much as matching your QB to your system as it is recruiting a quality QB within your system.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Excellent commentary. What came first, the QB or the egg? Are we running the spread because that’s what we want to run, or because we don’t have a QB that can run a pro set?

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I don’t like the read option.

Not that it’s not effective…

But how do you attract top talent and athletes to a program that primarily does the read option vs. the pro set or the spread?

Plus the read option is not as fun to watch.

But that’s just me.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

troy williams is our QB and we have the same offense coordinators.

that will happen for sure. we will be competitive again.

The Lone Wolf
        Ute Fan
        @thelonewolf

“We will be competitive again.” ?? And you aren’t competitive now?

leftyjace
          Ute Fan
          @leftyjace

I’m pretty sure what he means is for next year. We are talking about the quarterback situation post-Wilson, after all.

Viewing 20 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football OK, time for a bit of a rant