PAC 12 expansion?

Viewing 1 reply thread

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

For some time I have been wrestling with how the PAC could expand without Texas, and Oklahoma and increase its tv market penetration.

Think about this if the PAC were to become pro active and offer Houston and TCU membership they would have penetration into the two largest tv markets in Texas without having to take Texas on their terms. Such a move would stymie any Big 12 future expansion and  seal off byu at the same time. The Big 12 would be left without any viable expansion candidates and would be greatly deluted if it did expand. It might also force Texas and Oklahoma to jump ship creating only four BCS level conferences. And as side benifit it force byu into pernament independence purgatory. This seems like a win, win for the PAC.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’ve been saying this for years. TCU and Houston give you what Texas gives you. Yeah, it would be nice to have only Texas, but they are a pain in the butt. And they would bring along Texas Tech with them, and Tech is worthless.

TCU gives you Dallas. Houston gives you Houston.

Then, add Oklahoma and OK St.

All your problems are solved. The only thing bad is it would suck for Utah fans. We’d be in the East or the Mountain Desert or whatever division with Arizona, ASU, Colorado, TCU, Houston, Oklahoma, OK St, instead of the Coastal division with all the fun cities.

I’d rather the PAC-12 just stay at 12.

Utah man forever
        Ute Fan
        @uman

I agree with the PAC staying at 12 but I also think it is not a long term solution. I really like the costal venues.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 PAC 12 expansion?