PAC 12 NETWORK put pressure on Direct tv.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

Just had a thought as to how the PAC 12 could up the ante on Direct tv. They could offer Internet streaming on verified Direct tv customers at a minimal price. Then they could create an app that would stream and also mirror the stream to a big screen tv and smart tv’s. This same process could be used in foreign countries to sell the PAC12 networks not presently tapped. Think China, Asia, South America, Canada, and Mexico.

It’s time to take the gloves off! Fight back and kick Direct to the curb.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Conveniently, they already have a good streaming app. I think your idea of selling access directly to DirecTV customers is a great idea.

As I recall, PAC-12 network gets $0.39/Mo from subscribers on the other provider platforms. This could be a nice work around.

Utah man forever
        Ute Fan
        @uman

Yes! The really big market will eventually be streaming in the future anyway. Think of getting PAC 12 for a cost of $5.00 a year. I would gladly pay that. I dropped dish and stream all my tv programming. Last week I streamed the PAC 12 broadcast of the Utah game and mirrored it to my big screen tv in hd. Now if it were just in 4K format it would be perfect.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Now that I can get Pac12 on sling, DTV or any calble/dish type network will never be in my house again.

Utah man forever
            Ute Fan
            @uman

Yes I dropped Dish just last month. I’m already streaming with Sling and this is just more good news. Way to go Sling and PAC12!

UTE98
            Ute Fan
            @ute98

Whoa, tell me more about this SlingTV and Pac12 network deal, please? NO really PLEASE????!!!!!

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I think the best I saw through Comcast was 720p.

That said I would pay an extra $5-$10/game to get it streamed in 4K. That would be amazing.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I wonder what kind of pressure the availability of the PAC-12 via Sling TV will apply to Direct TV now?

Utah man forever
        Ute Fan
        @uman

I really hope this is just what will start to pressure on Direct tv. In five years if they don’t move into ala cart programming and streaming they will be bankrupt.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 PAC 12 NETWORK put pressure on Direct tv.