Parking for the game?

Viewing 10 reply threads

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Is parking still a nightmare if you don’t have a pass? Unfortunately we probably won’t get to SLC til about 90 minutes before kickoff at best. Are there park n rides with plenty of space that you can take Trax from? Would that be the easiest option?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah I would take trax. Or you could park south of the stadium about a mile in the neighborhoods and walk down Guardsman way.

uteman12
      Ute Fan
      @uteman12

If you don’t mind parking on the south end of Guardsmans Way, I would just park in those neighborhoods on the street. I usually arrive an hour early and have no problem finding a spot. They also usually have those bike taxis riding around. I took one last time and I paid 10 bucks.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Thanks guys!

AirForceUte
      Ute Fan
      @cdoughboy2000

Been to three games this year. Trax is a joke. Way too busy 90 min before the game. My friend said 3 trains passed him before he could get on they were so busy.

So there are some businesses in research park that you could park at. They say tow away zone, but it only applies during business hours. This is a good option because after the game you can walk up 500 south because they block any traffic from coming down the street. 

Anywhere west of 500 south on 1300 east is a good place. 

For the Arizona game, I parked around the park on South Temple and University Street. 

Lots of free parking. not a bad walk from anywhere. 

MussMan
      Ute Fan
      @mussman

The University posted on Twitter that parking in the Merrill Engineering Building lot will be free on Saturday.

Addicus
      @addicus

I don’t have tickets, but was thinking of my son and I going up for the ESPN College Gameday experience then hanging out and watching from the library parking lot with a view of the jumbotron. I know that is a reserved lot for tail-gaiting, but if we find a spot for our two chairs during the game, are we going to get kicked out or shunned for improper tailgate etiquette?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Tacoma if you park south in the neighborhoods you could walk through the tailgate on the way.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

If we get there early enough I’ll contact you. I’d love to. It doesn’t sound like I’ll have much time though.

Woodutail
      Ute Fan
      @woodutail

Park in the lot behind the swimming pool on guardsman.
      They open there gate at 10:00 am this Saturday.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I take trax from the south end of the the valley. not a bad way to go . Easier to get free of the traffic getting home too.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Parking for the game?