Playoffs

Viewing 1 reply thread

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

I really don’t think anything at this point is clear.  They seem to be ranking the teams as they see it right now.  I’m going to assume they mean what they say and put a lot of credit for winning the conference championship.  At this point I don’t really know how you don’t put OSU and MI in the top four spots, but I think a lot will change between now and the selection day.  One thing is OSU not playing in a Championship game.  They can’t factor that in yet, because it hasn’t happened.  But those kind of things will be factored in later when the season is done.  

To me there is too many unknowns at this point to be upset with the selection committee.  The prior rankings meant nothing to them a couple years ago when OSU jumped Baylor and TCU.  So I think a lot can and will change peoples perspective between now and after the conference championship games.  

All I know is if Utah wins out they will be in the discussion.  What the selection committee do with it will depend on many things, but they will at least be in the discussion.  And if they do that and don’t get in, they only have themselves to blame to loosing to a bad Cal team.  

It’s shaping up to be a very exciting end to the season for Utah if they take care of business tomorrow. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I don’t understand the arguement that Oklahoma beating West Virginia rockets them into the top four which I have heard. Yet essentially Utah will be coming off potentially back to back top ten wins over Colorado and Washington? I understand they have to dangle a carrot in front of the Big 12.  I guess it is because PAC12 was left out last year it is easy to do the same this season.  

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.