Props to Jim Dabakis for calling out his colleagues re The Audit

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Junior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @juniorute

“I am hoping (U. Athletics Director) Chris Hill will get a giant apology for paying this price, for being dragged through the mud in the media and other places for an audit that just should not have happened,” the Salt Lake Democrat said.

The Senate chairman of the appropriations subcommittee, Sen. Evan Vickers, R-Cedar City, said he agreed the audit shouldn’t have been sought.

“I personally don’t want to revisit the reason for the audit,” Vickers said. “I agree. I don’t think the audit should have been called for, but it was. I think our auditors did an excellent job. They were very professional in their approach.”

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

I wish more non-LDS and non-zoob people in this state would vote. So many of them don’t because they don’t think it’ll make a difference.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

It won’t make a difference. The gerrymandering in this state is strong. The election is rigged here and rigged big time. 

Ute Bc
        Ute Fan
        @utebc

It doesn’t need to be non-lds vs lds.  But imagine if it was U of U based.  There will be a PAC coming soon for U of U interests, i think such a pact could really pose a threat to those politicians who think the (R) is enough…

There are PLENTY of LDS Utah fans who want to protect their school from this BS

leftyjace
          Ute Fan
          @leftyjace

For the record, I didn’t just simply state non-LDS. I also said non-zoob. The latter would be inclusive of LDS Ute fans.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

It should be noted everywhere possible, that at least one of those douchebag legislators trolled Jan Krystkowiak incessantly on Facebook for a few months. Frankly I am almost surprised that Krystko stayed at Utah.

I wish it were possible to get them voted out of office, but the way the local caucuses are structured in Utah it is hard to get enough support to even make it to the convention as a candidate, let alone get elected. If you are a super-right-wing Conservative, BYU graduate, super-active Mormon, who complains about taxes being too high/too much welfare in the state, then you pretty much can punch your ticket.

Every box on that list they you do NOT check will decrease your chances of getting through.

As a result, Utah’s electorate is not evenly represented in any way.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Did that really happen? The FB trolling I mean?

Puget Ute
          Ute Fan
          @pugetute

Yes it did. I can’t recall whether Twitter was involved (IDK is she has Twitter).

All because a douchebag byu player got punchy, and his coach refused to do anything about it during the game and in the two weeks afterward.

I can’t for the life of me understand why a state senator would go to bat so strongly for a private school at the expense of a public school, but then again I can’t understand that unconsciously ignorant segment of byu fans anyhow.

ironman1315
            Ute Fan
            @ironman1315

What legislator?

Puget Ute
              Ute Fan
              @pugetute

I will need to look it up since it was a few years ago. It was one of the legislators who also trolls Utah fans on twitter.

therealu
                Ute Fan
                @therealu

I am going to go out on a limb and just assume it was Todd Weiler

UtahFanSir
              Ute Fan
              @utahfansir

The so-called one.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

This seems like it should have been a big story last election period. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Pssst, we are talking about a collection of people that gave Kevin Garn a standing ovation AFTER he stood up and resigned from the legislature because he was in his birthday suit in a hot tub with an underage girl.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

They were just happy it wasn’t an underage boy…

Viewing 4 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Props to Jim Dabakis for calling out his colleagues re The Audit