Ranking the 2 Loss teams

Viewing 4 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I tried to be as unbiased as I possibly could. Let me know what you think.

1. Wisconsin, Notable Wins: #18 Nebraska, Losses: #2 Ohio State, #3 Michigan, Future Opponents: #3 Ohio State, SOS:11

2. Colorado, Notable Wins #24 Stanford, Losses: #3 Michigan, #13 USC, Future Opponents: #22 WSU, #11 Utah, SOS:33

3. Penn State, Notable Wins: #3 Ohio State, Losses: Pittsburg, #3 Michigan, Future Opponents: No notable opponents SOS:29

4. Utah, Notable Wins: #13 USC, Losses: NR California, #6 Washington, Future Opponents: #10 Colorado, SOS:46

5. Oklahoma, Notable Wins: None, Losses: #3 Ohio State, NR Houston (will probably be ranked), Future Opponents: #14 WVU, #11, OSU SOS:27

6. Nebraska, Notable Wins: lol, Losses: #7 Wisconsin, #3 Ohio State, Future Opponents: No Notable Opponents, SOS:55

7. Oklahoma State, Notable Wins: #14 WVU, Losses: NR Central Michigan, NR Baylor, Future Opponents: #9 Oklahoma, SOS:59

8. Louisville, Notable Wins: #17 Florida State, Losses: #4 Clemson, NR Houston (will be ranked), Future Opponents: No Notable Opponents SOS: 64 (Does not include Houston)

9. Washington State, Notable Wins: #24 Stanford, Losses: #20 Boise State, FCS Opponent, SOS:54

10. Florida, Notable Wins: None, Losses: #19 Tennessee, NR Arkansas, Future Opponents: #16 LSU, #17 Florida State SOS:67

Notes & Thoughts:
      I’ve included Louisville because….looolz

I couldn’t get over the FCS loss for Washington State, which is both unfair and fair. I can’t excuse that loss and not excuse other losses like Utah losing to California while being decimated by injuries. S**t happens, its football.

To me Wisconsin is by far and away the best team. They pass the eye test, they have the best losses, and have the toughest strength of schedule.

I was very surprised at where Nebraska ended up, but their losses aren’t nearly as bad as some other teams.

I placed an emphasis on ranked wins, and punished for bad losses.

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

#2 and #3 are close, but I’d give Penn State a slight edge over Colorado. 

Penn State has a much better notable win and a slightly better SOS. Also, their loss against Pittsburgh isn’t that bad considering Pittsburgh won an away game against a then #2 Clemson.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wisconsin barely escaped with a win against Georgia St with Connor Manning at QB. Based on that I say Meh!

Utah man forever
        Ute Fan
        @uman

Manning was not a bad QB, he was just not in the right system at Utah. Wish him well at Georgia State.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I didn’t take into account the margin of victory/Loss. Oklahoma got blown out both its losses. Plenty of teams had narrow wins over bad opponents.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just can’t argue argue with that cute Wilson face and the Dirty Sanchez stache.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ranking the 2 Loss teams