Recent Posts on Home Page?

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

A knowledgeable friend advises me to get the core content in front of the user as soon as possible. Thinking about that I like the recent posts page a lot because it varies greatly and shows the user that latest and greatest.

I’m thinking experimenting with a home page design which is perhaps a split of some type, with some fun homepage stuff (welcome, photos, etc) on one side and the recent posts down the other side.

Thoughts?

That way a user would be 1 click away from reading the most recent topics.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Tony (admin).

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

The way I use UteHub is to immediately click on Recent Posts anyway so you’d save me one click. I think it would be great. I also think that people who aren’t using the Recent Posts function might realize how convenient it is.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah now that I have the “new” icons working recent posts is becoming my go-to page.

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

Hey Tony,

This isn’t a big deal but if it’s easy to do you might consider putting a “New Post” button on the Recent Posts page. As it currently is designed, I just click on Forums and use the drop down menu and click on New Post, but it would be a tiny bit simpler to have the button in view. It may encourage members to start new topics as a benefit.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not a bad suggestion High Uintas.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions Recent Posts on Home Page?