Recruiting? I don’t get the value in following it.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

All of the usual things, it is creepy how these guys stalk teenagers, and the whole futility of wringing your hands over said teenager decisions.

So what is the appeal? Does it show the direction of the program for you? Does it make you feel like a coach?  Unless you are a booster that is going to sway the kids to come here I just don’t get it.  So can someone please explain the appeal?

For me I sort of pay attention to the kids watch their film and just wait for NLI day and then go wow great that Utah signed some new blood hope they can contribute yada yada.  Personally I think Coaches shouldn’t be allowed in the home, shouldn’t be allowed to text, email, call. They should have official visits and mini camps and that is it.  You have the whole Sandusky thing that happened and also you have Harbaugh having a chill and netflix watching party.  For me sounds awfully creepy and sordid the entire thing.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah I don’t think I’d want Harbaugh staying at my house.  It will only get more extreme unless the NCAA makes some new rules.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

because recruiting is everything. It dictates the success you’re program will have. Its the lifeblood. Its arguably the most important aspect of college football. Of course the line gets crossed sometimes, though.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Why as a fan should I care though besides when they sign?

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

Its the same thing as scouting draft prospects as a fan of a pro team. Its silly, and there is no real point, but drafting/recruiting is hugely important, so the more intense fans are going to follow it from beginning to end

Charles Satterfield
      @1bamafan

In the SEC the recruiting ranking and the Conference win/loss record match pretty well over four year periods. This holds true for the P5 conferences with the exception of a few over achievers, like Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech and such. GT runs a wishbone which helps them. TCU and Baylor also usually over achieve against team who out recruited them. But by and large it works out.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Recruiting? I don’t get the value in following it.