Reminder: Pick Em Closes FRIDAY Evening

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This week’s Pac-12 Football Pick Em contest closes FRIDAY night when the Oregon/Cal game starts. Remember to get your picks in before then! https://www.utehub.com/pick-em/

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Hey Tony. Are you considering an NFL pick ’em? It might be kinda fun eve though there are some people who don’t care much for the league anymore.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Pickem for any sport is possible. Definitely planned on something for basketball. The system isn’t built to run multiple pickems at a time at the moment though, so running say pac 12 football AND NFL at the same time is not currently doable. Also, someone would have to volunteer to run an NFL game. I have no interest in the NFL.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

…I also have two other fun ideas for competitions coming down the line.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

On the subject of the NFL I wonder if it’s dying a slow death. Don’t get me wrong, I still like it but not like I used to. I used to watch every game televised no matter who was playing. Now it pretty much has to be one of my favorite teams or I just don’t bother. The TV ratings are tanking this year.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

My issue with the NFL are all the freaking ads. Game starts at 2. Three 4 min previews with 3 mins of ads between each. Game finally kicks off at 2:15. Two second kickoff. Three minutes of commercials. The team goes 3 and out, take 1:30 off the clock. Time out. Three minutes of ads. Punt. Three minutes of ads. Next team breaks a big play, TD. Three minutes of ads. Extra point. Three minutes of ads. Kickoff. Three minutes of ads. Here we are with 11:00 left in the first quarter, it’s 2:45 pm and I’ve seen 4 mins of football and 20 mins of ads. <br>.<br>Couldn’t do it anymore. <br><br>

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I like the eliminator on Reddit although I’m not playing this year

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Never used reddit. Got a link?

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

It’s at rpac12.com. ESPN does one for th NFL as well but I didn’t like it as much. Basically you pick one team to win each week. You can only pick a team once per season. If the team you pick loses you’re eliminated. Usually there is one team that blows it early, like WSU against an FCS school, that eliminates 90% of the field early and they start a second round. The PAC 12 works well because there are 12 teams and 13 weeks of play. The tie breaker at the end has always been the the score of the championship game

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Reminder: Pick Em Closes FRIDAY Evening