Repeat Post

Viewing 1 reply thread

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

I get a repost error when I post a response that I’ve posted before. For example. I posted a response with the word “false” before and now I can’t post the same response. I’ve ran into this before where I couldn’t repost something like “Beat Oregon” another time. I was able to get around this by posting “false .” then editing the post to read “false”.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yeah there’s a little safety thing I put in to prevent users from double posting.  It will warn you if the post is a duplicate.  I can probably tweak it but in the mean time, just don’t post the same response…   

Minnesota Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minnesotaute

You can say that again… or wait… no you can’t.

Milton Vanderslice
          Ute Fan
          @miltonvanderslice

You can say that again… or wait… no you can’t.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

You can say that again, if you didn’t say it already.  The reason is people would hit submit, then refresh or hit the back key.  Then we would have lots of double posts.  It sucked.  I’ll see if I can make the process a little better.

Milton Vanderslice
              Ute Fan
              @miltonvanderslice

I would propose doing a check on the id of the reply or if it’s a new post doing a time check.

Tony (admin)
                Admin/Founder
                @admin

I would propose doing a check on the id of the reply or if it’s a new post doing a time check.

Yes exactly. I had started that process a week or two ago, but got sidetracked with finishing off the Predict the Score contest.

Milton Vanderslice
                  Ute Fan
                  @miltonvanderslice

The other stuff is way more important.  Please don’t let this stop that sort of work.

Tony (admin)
                    Admin/Founder
                    @admin

Pretty much done with that stuff for now. Actually last night I was jonesing for something new to work on hehe.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.