Required message text beyond the subject/topic line

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

What are your thoughts on this? @admin. imo not every post needs to belonger than a sentence or two.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

The Sugar Bowl is on P12 net at 4 MST btw. I tried to post this (and just that) which is what lead to this post

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Not sure what your question is. Are you asking if just a title is ok for a topic, with no content?

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

when submitting a post, you are required to include text beyond the 80 character subject line. Which I dont always feel is neccessary. For example, I was going to submit a post that was just “The Sugar Bowl is being played on P12 net at 4 MST” But it wanted me to include text in the box below beyond that. What are your thoughts on requiring text beyond the subject line?

To add to that, I was on mobile, and I got the error message notifying of required further text in text box, and I subsequently got the “dont push back on your browser” error the next time I tried to post, and each additional time after that. The first error seems to be a trigger for the next error because I get them both in that sequence every time.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Ok thanks. I’ll consider that. Title only, content not required. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

Ok thanks. I’ll consider that. Title only, content not required. Anyone else have thoughts on that?

I’m for it.  Thanks for asking.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

I am against it. Please see my post in “On civility”.

I like that people are required to read the body of a post to truly get the point of the poster.

I understand where @rbmw263 is coming from, and from his paradigm I think it’s a reasonable request. I just feel that the side effect could be detrimental to the board.

DanielLaRussoUte
        Ute Fan
        @daniellarussoute

I’m against.
        You get the culture you allow.
        I think having subject only messages encourages the kind of thoughtless, drive-by firebombing style posting that I have seen on places like UFN and Cougarboard.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Required message text beyond the subject/topic line