Ronnie Mac

Viewing 6 reply threads

Red Dawn
      Ute Fan
      @ranger15

I love listening to 1280 on Fridays when they have Mcbride and LaVell on. Is there anyone who’s more likeable than Mcbride? It’s not only the stories he tells, its HOW he tells them. One of the most sincere, genuine guys out there. I really think he elevates LaVell as well when they banter together. I love that he’s stuck around Utah for this long, and has a genuine interest on all the teams. Let’s hope he sticks around for a long time

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

I wish we would get McBride on the coaching staff in some capacity.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

I know this gets discussed from time to time. I don’t think he has it in him any longer, and coaching is probably too much stress.

But I would love to get him in the program as a fundraiser or something like that. I will always have a solid respect for him.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Gotta love coach Mac. He’s a Ute through and through.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by RedLine.

radioUte
        Ute Fan
        @radioute

Except when he’s a Badger…or an Aggie…or a Beaver…..

I kid, I kid.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ron Mcbride should be honored with a statue and a halftime ceremony and also be hired onto the staff.

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Mac was instrumental in getting Utah to the next level.

I will admit, I see shadows of his coaching style in Whit. Namely, playing not to lose when having the lead. It’s uncanny and frustrating.

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

We all owe Ronnie Mac a huge amount of thanks. If you were a fan in the 70’s and 80’s you know exactly how much thanks is owed.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

If we ever brought Mac back in any capacity it should be in recruiting. Specifically with the Polynesian pipeline.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.