Serious question for Trump supports: how do you feel about the personal attacks?

Viewing 8 reply threads
      5 1

96GradAlum
      @96gradalum

He’s personally attacked Liz Warren both on the campaign and now as POTUS – calling her Pochontas.  He called McCain a loser – refering to his lost presidential bid.  I can’t recall a sitting president ever attacking people on a personal level.  Their political stances are always fair game but it’s such a cheap-shot to attack people this way.  If he attacked them on thier political stances then I could respect that, but attacking them this ways is just more evidence that his political intellect is quite shallow.  So unbecoming of the office he holds.

I’d love to hear from the Trump supporters and my hope is we can have a civil discussion. 🙂

7 6

User Suspended
      @a2ute

The Alt Right / Tea party supporters will disregard civility as long as Drump sticks to his fascists agenda.  In fact, global disruptions is part of that  plan.  What I’m most interested in better understanding is the voter who chose Drump simply because he ran under the disguise of a republican. (i.e. most Mormons) 

How long will they follow down this path of darkness simply because he ran as a Republican?  Sadly, I believe they will follow till the brink of disaster. 

Non Alt right Republicans need to take a good look in the mirror and accept that they’ve been duped by a grifter. 

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

I think you’re misreading the results of the election. I know from my mass meeting most Republicans in state were disgusted by Trump (they gravitated to Cruz, which is my mind was just as bad). A lot of his support came from traditional democratic strongholds who felt dis-enfranchised by the new liberal/eco terroist wing of the democratic party. Both parties seem to be diverging from centrist views and Trump stepped in to fill that void.

As to the original question, there is a reason I said below my advice to him would be to “Don’t press send”. I had hoped that if elected he would step back from the persona he displayed during the campaign and let the mantle of the presidency settle on him to at least tone down the rhetoric. There is still time for that to happen, but so far I haven’t seen it.

12 12

Brettski
        Ute Fan
        @brettski

I’m a huge Trump supporter. The uncivil behavior all is coming from the losing side. Let’s be real.

7 2

SkinyUte
          Ute Fan
          @skinyute

So, you think that the blantant and easily disprovable lies, personal attacks, and juvenile insults on Trump’s personal and verified Twitter feed are coming from…someone else?

Oooooookay…

5 1

PorterRockwell
          Ute Fan
          @porterrockwell

You really believe that?   In your view trump hasn’t insulted anyone? Hasnt attscked anyone personally?  Didn’t get irritated with Norddtroms because they made a business decision to drop his daughters line? 

You rally believe he conducts himself in a manner befitting the office of POTUS? 

4 3

Red Don
            Ute Fan
            @reddon

“<span>You rally believe he conducts himself in a manner befitting the office of POTUS? “</span>

<span>You mean like like at the National Prayer Breakfast where he brags that his ratings were higher on a moronic reality TV show and then asks the audience to pray for Arnold Schwarzenegger? This guy is embarrassing beyond belief. Yep, it’s the “losing side”, Libs and fake news’ fault. And Brettski asks us to be real.</span>

2 2

PorterRockwell
              Ute Fan
              @porterrockwell

Like 72 said I think some thought it was his schtick or persona.  I no longer think that’s the case.  I think what we see is what we get wth him, his cabinet members et al.  There just seems to be a general lack of class and decorum from him and his entourage   Hopefully it doesn’t result in boots on the ground or worse because someone insulted him or his family   

3 4

User Suspended
          @a2ute

^ textbook example of a drump supporter.  Unflinching delusional obedience to your lord and master. 

Deflection techniques include:

Get over it you lost

Snowflake

Alternative facts

Fake News

And the biggest deflection technique….FEAR

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

I’m not a supporter.  That’s just who he is.  Hopefully he and the North Korean nut job keep it on Twitter and don’t launch nukes at one another   Pretty sad that he called out Nordstroms for dumping his daughters clothing line  

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I think it goes both ways. We, the common folk, need to quit fighting along party lines, quit excusing bad behavior because “they are one of us” and start backing people that will do things to benefit us. You’ll probably find you vote left or right a majority of the time, but I doubt there is a honest soul who always sides with one side or another. 

sacute
      Ute Fan
      @sacute

As a Trump supporter, I don’t necessarily agree with the name-calling by Trump.  However, I am afraid that it has become the natural course of  our current civil dialogue on BOTH SIDES and I’m not sure who’s punching or counterpunching.  Hillary Clinton calls us “deplorables.”  The poster below calls Trump, “Drump.”  I have been called a “racist” eventhough I’m a racial minority.  Go figure.  As Trump would conclude in one of his tweets, “SO SAD.”

4 4

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Clinton didn’t call you “deplorable”, unless you actually fall into the subset of Trump supporters to which she was referring. Those who espouse and promote racist and mysoginostic viewpoints. I’m assuming (and hoping) that you don’t fall into that category.

I do agree with you that the name calling needs to stop from both sides. Anytime I see someone use the word “libtard” or “Rethuglican”, it’s a signal that I can immediately discard anything further they have to say, as they obviously lack the maturity to process information objectively. I also agree that the “racist” label is vastly overused, which does a disservice to the actual racial injustices that are taking place.

All that said, should we not have the expectation that the POTUS – as arguably the most powerful and influential person on the planet – should have the emotional maturity to, if he can’t ignore it entirely, at least not be one of the primary instigators of the bad behavior? Is that too much to ask for and expect?

sacute
          Ute Fan
          @sacute

I went to both the Republican National Convention in Cleveland and the Inaugural in Washington, D.C. and have yet to see a single so-called Trump  “deplorable” utter one racist nor mysoginistic word or hold such a sign.  However, as my wife and I stood in the security line for one of the inaugural events, a protester came up to us screaming “F— You, F—You, F—You!!! in our face.

Brettski
            Ute Fan
            @brettski

Shh their “narrative” doesn’t fit with reality.

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

I’m glad you didn’t witness racist or mysoginistic behavior personally, but to claim it didn’t happen when there’s mountains of photographic and video evidence to the contrary, seems rather silly (I’ll let you do your own 30 second google search). Sadly, I’ve seen plenty…especially within my own extended family. It’s disheartening, to say the least.

And yes, there were plenty of protestors who exhibited appalling behavior as well. No one ever claimed there wasn’t. Neither side can claim the high ground when it comes to a certain subset of supporters just being flat-out a**holes.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

So are you really a trump supporter or was it a vote against HRC?  I couldn’t vote for either of them.  I didn’t cast a presidential vote.  They all seemed completely out out of touch with America.  

3 1

sacute
          Ute Fan
          @sacute

I told a friend employed in the body politic and who didn’t vote for Hillary Clinton nor Donald Trump the following.  I told him that I wasn’t necessarily voting for a Trump candidacy but was a voting for change, common sense and courage of conviction embodied in a movement.  You’ll probably disagree but that was my reasoning.

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

And do you think he’s been exhibiting those traits of “common sense” and “courage and conviction”? Just curious.

2 3

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

The hypocrisy on the right about Trump’s comments is utterly astounding. Can you imagine if it had been Obama that had made the pussy grabbing comment? A black man would never be allowed to make predatory sexual remarks. He would’ve been crucified endlessly by the media outrage machine. And he would also never be let off the hook for saying things like “so-called judge”.

Riot West
        Ute Fan
        @riotwest

Sounds like an example of white privilege.

Brettski
          Ute Fan
          @brettski

Haha yep white people are the worst….

1 1

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I think social media and online newspapers comments sections reflect how our public discourse has reached what seems to be irreversibly low depths. It is insane what people will say to each other online, that they would rarely say to their faces. The fact that Trump was elected despite all his low-brow comments shouldn’t be terribly surprising in this context I guess. SAD!

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Hi 96GradAlum, good to see you here!  I’ll answer your question regarding Trump’s personal attacks on Warren and McCain.  During the campaign timeframe, I think it was brilliant.  Trump manipulated the media with outlandish behavior which gave him free publicity.  In retrospect it obviously worked.  Some liked it, some did not, I liked it.  He threw an incredible campaign and spent less than anyone.  

Since taking office I don’t think he’s name called Warren or McCain, I could be wrong but I honestly don’t care.  If he has, it’s cetainly less than what he did before.  Whether he has or hasn’t, Trump non supporters can still make the argument that he is less than presidential with some of his words or actions and they’re probably right.  For me, I don’t care.  I stand with Law Enforcement, Vets and the Armed Services, I love Trump.  I’ve had the T-shirt and bumper sticker since August of 2015.

I am throughly enjoying watching him accomplish everything he said he would do.  This is why me and many others voted for him.  I don’t care if he calls someone a pussy along the way.  Quite frankly, some people need to be called a pussy every now and again and I don’t mind that it’s coming from my President.

By the way, I’m a registered Democrat.  

Many in this thread did not answer your question, instead took it another direction.  My intent is to answer you without being a dick.

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

I stand with Law Enforcement, Vets and the Armed Services

Out of curiosity, outside of lots of lip service (i.e. continually saying “I love the troops”), what has Trump done for Vets or the Armed Services that makes you satisfied?

I don’t care if he calls someone a pussy along the way. Quite frankly, some people need to be called a pussy every now and again

Calling someone a “pussy” or publicly calling into question their entire record of military service (i.e. McCain) simply because they happen to disagree with your position is generally not how mature adults in the real world behave. Nor does it help to move any agenda forward, IMO.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

Out of curiosity, outside of lots of lip service (i.e. continually saying “I love the troops”), what has Trump done for Vets or the Armed Services that makes you satisfied?

Give him more than three weeks, for now, I’m taking it on faith that he’s going to take care of the Vets. In his brief three week track record, he’s established that he’s going to fulfill his promises.

The McCain thing I’ve already addressed how I feel. I’m okay if you think Trump and I are not mature adults.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Fair enough. For the record, I fully support the troops and vets as well. Which is why I’m extremely concerned that Trump is going to get a lot of them killed for absolutely no good reason.

I’m not quite sure how one reconciles support of veterans with Trump continually degrading and casting aspersions on McCain’s distinguished military career, but I suppose that’s a topic for another time.

My favorite new site is Mature Trump Tweets, a site which takes his childish outbursts and rewrites them into mature language that makes the same point in less of an “O’Doyle Rules!!” way.

Viewing 8 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Serious question for Trump supports: how do you feel about the personal attacks?