Should we feel sorry for the local radio hosts?

Viewing 2 reply threads

YodaUte
      Ute Fan
      @yodaute

Their mandate, given by the station managers, is to keep the BYU fans listening. Talk some Utah football of course, since they are a growing fanbase, but when you do talk Utah, always find a way to bring BYU into the conversation.

The BYU fan needs their hand held, says the station manager to the employee. Our advertisers need them to tune in, so no matter what you do, find a way to make the BYU fans feel their team is at least as good as, if not better than, Utah.

So…If you are that radio host, how do you find a way to spin the events of this weekend? Monday will tell us who in the local media is the most creative spin doctor.

Should be interesting.

Double B
      Ute Fan
      @doubleb

Nope. They are a bunch of douchewagons….

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

If I’m in the media I tell it like it is. byu got their asses handed to them in embarrassing fashion on a national stage. Then I’d gush over Utah. Be overly complimentary. byu fans will still call, tweet, and text their complaints. Their tears will move the ratings. A win-win for everyone involved.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Should we feel sorry for the local radio hosts?