Snow Blowers

Viewing 4 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

I need to get a snow blower for our mountain home. Considering a 30″ two phase self propelled by Troy Bilt. Are Troy Bilt any good?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thankfully I’m not able to answer your question.  My HOA does the driveway and the grass.  I hate shoveling snow and cutting grass.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Troybilt are among the best.

Chitz
      Ute Fan
      @chitz

Following some heavy storms in the DC area the past few years, I finally broke down and purchased a snow blower this past fall.  I went with the 26″ Cub Cadet 3x (three-stage), mostly for the 3rd stage auger, which is designed to cut through and throw the dense ice and slush we get out here on the east coast (particularly at the end of the driveway once the plows move through the neighborhood).

The model I purchased sports an electric push-button start, 357cc engine, power steering, heated grips, and a steel chute (very important, in my opinion).  More details here:  http://www.cubcadet.com/equipment/cubcadet/snow-throwers/3X-three-stage-power/3X-26

I’ve been very pleased with it so far, because my investment has protected the DC area against any measurable snow so far this season!

Anonymous
        Inactive

A friend who lives in Maryland bought his wife an electric snow blower. Apparently she loves using it and was doing so with a vengeance during last year’s epic blizzard.  He shot video of her working from inside the house with a narrative that was hysterical.  I have the videos on Facebook, but don’t know how to get them posted here.  It’s like FB tries to own them.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

It’s like FB tries to own them.

Correct.I don’t think you can embed a FB video. They want you stuck in their ecosystem.

Anonymous
      Inactive

So it looks like Troy-Bilt, Cub Cadet and Craftsman are all built by the same manufacturer: MTD. All are highly rated.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-snow-blowers/

I’m liking the Troy-Bilt XP Storm 3090XP because of the amount of driveway we need to do. Most of the time we get 6 to 12″ of snow, but every couple years we get the pineapple express series of storms dumping several feet. The plow berm can get chest high and that’s a lot of work to get through. I debated a plow blade for my diesel Suburban 4wd, but you need to have it installed. If not installed, I’d have to trudge through snow to the garage, haul it out and install it. That said, would be fun to have.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Snow Blowers