So looks like Norris is done for season after injury on 5th down.

Viewing 11 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Who will replace Norris?? I would like to see Pita Taumoepenu play at linebacker on running downs when he’s not used at DE.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Looked like a knee from our angle. He was in some pain.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Pretty sure it wasn’t fifth down, the scoreboard down and distance was wrong. Will have to re watch though.

Awful if he’s done for the year. Has that been confirmed anywhere? Sounded last night like that wasn’t the case.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In Whitt’s interview he said they weren’t sure but were hoping it wasn’t season ending. That was around 12:45am. Last stuff I heard.

Anonymous
      Inactive

He passed a stress test I think he will be out against U$C.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The 5th down thing was a scoreboard error.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Okay, so who is Norris’ backup??

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

Jason Whittingham

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

That will suck if he is out for SC and Whittingham is playing. Whittingham seems to be out of position often and is too slow sideline to sideline. That could really hurt us.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I agree, Whittingham has not looked good this year, gets lots of penalties too. His penalty on special teams last week before our botched fake punt helped us, but his penalty this week that took away a great punt and led to a big punt return on the redo was very costly. Really, if it were any other player with that many mistakes he’d be benched.

EUte
      Ute Fan
      @eute

So looks like Norris is done for season

Source?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Source?

My own eyes, seeing Norris being carted to locker room.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I don’t think Norris is out for the season. It just looked like he took a helmet hard to the knee. So unless he broke a bone I’ll be shocked if he misses more than a week.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

We lost The poly DE (sorry I can’t remember or pronounce let alone spell his name) for the season. Whit said Norris wasn’t that bad.

89ute
        Ute Fan
        @89ute

I think you mean TE, not DE. I can say his name, here is a guess at the spelling. Siale Fakailoatonga.

YodaUte
      Ute Fan
      @yodaute

Jared–aka “Chuck”–Norris will be fine.

utejeph
      Ute Fan
      @utejeph

After the game I was down on the field and I saw Norris taking pictures with fans and signing autographs. I don’t think someone who was done for the season would be out there after the game. I think he will be in the USC game.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I don’t think it is speed that he lacks. I think its instinct. Gianni & Norris are always in the right place at the right time. Especially Gionni, he just has a nose for making big plays. It is one of those “intangibles” that people are always talking about.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football So looks like Norris is done for season after injury on 5th down.