Taking a step back from the ledge a little.

Viewing 7 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Did this team exceed expectations?  Yes they did!  Does it feel like an unsatisfying season? Yes it does because the expectations changed. I will say the offensive staff needs a shuffle. Not a fan of the game plans and the offense hasn’t been able to string together four quarters all season. 

This was a huge loss because of everything on the line. Especially the recruiting. I want to see a response next week. 

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

But surely we have to take it to the next level at some point. When does that happen?

Anonymous
        Inactive

Getting an offensive staff will be a step in a direction.  Getting a new staff entirely is dangerous talk is all. Utah could very easily be Oregon st overnight. 

I heard someone calling for Gary Anderson at some point last season. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

They exceeded preseason expectations but in hindsight there is a ton of nfl talent on this roster. Some of it high level. We should be better.

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

Its the same story every year…

Utah won’t ever be picked to win the conference because of USC and UCLA, but we keep s**tting away opportunity and its time to actually make some real changes. Whether its just on the offensive side or more I dont know.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oregon had the worst rush defense in the PAC 12, or the FBS for that matter. I thought at half time that Arod and Harding would make adjustments, but no, we punted 4x in the second half. What happened to that control the game clock offense?

Who was it that played Oregon last week? They were destroying Oregon’s OL and were in the backfield the whole game. In contrast, after a couple early sacks, Oregon owned Utah.

Bottom line, Oregon wanted it more and it showed on both sides of the ball. Who woulda thought that Colorado would win the PAC 12 South before Utah? Sorry, but the boys will lose to Colorado.

CapitalUte
      Ute Fan
      @capitalute

I never make my judgements based on preseason polls. They are just guesses and carry very little weight. There is no way to sugar coat losing to a team with a 4-7 record when you were playing for a division title and had #12 ranking based on actual results and an 8-2 record.

Utah man forever
      Ute Fan
      @uman

There are really only two ways to have a good OC. One is to pay top dollar and buy one. Two is to develop one over years of time and training. The problem at Utah is that they cannot pay top dollar, so they are stuck with option two. And the problem with that is there is nobody able to train one. (Whit lacks the skills to train an OC) Whit’s problem is do we hold on to Arod, give him more time? Or can we bring in someone like Chow to mentor him? Or does he cut bate and hope to find a diamond in the rough? Each option has it’s risks and benefits.

Truly there aren’t any sure fire options. I don’t know which would be the best option, but I lean towards mentoring first or cutting bate second. What say ye? 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

The best situation would have been to have Erickson mentoring Brian, but that opportunity has passed.

Utah man forever
        Ute Fan
        @uman

So you think Arod is not worth developing? Or just that we have missed the best case?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Taking a step back from the ledge a little.