TESTING 1234… First Pac-12 Pick Em Pages Now Live!

Viewing 6 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This is a test… I’ve now deployed some of the back end and a couple of views of the front end of the Pac-12 Pick Em feature I’ve been obsessively working on. The two pages are now open to testing:

Pick Em

You can go to the page above and make your picks. You can then to back to the page and at the bottom it should say you have made your picks, and gives a link to view your picks. That’s the 2nd view, which can be found here:

Pick Em

Right now it is pretty plane jane appearance wise. Just trying to get shiznit to work, then we’ll polish it up. I REALLY thought I couldn’t get the whole app working by the Pac-12 regular season, but now I think I can have it working well enough by the first game of the year. At the least we can NOW make our picks, but the reporting and leaderboards and all that haven’t even been started yet.

WARNING: I may have to wipe out the database while working on this, if you make any picks. You may have to make the picks again.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Good lord man, you’re an animal. Good work.

Yep everything seems to be working. I had no problem placing my picks or viewing them after.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Not trying to make you do any more work, but will we be able to see other people’s picks and/or the percentage of voters choices?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Yeah. So the “views” I’m thinking will be something like this:

Weekly

View current week, view previous weeks, view future weeks (if they exist), mypicks, any user’s picks, leaderboard for the week showing who scored the most points etc.

When a week is completed the user will see his picks against the actual results, or other users’ picks against the results.

Season

Season views would include a user’s record for the season, a leaderboard showing all competitors for the season.

Other Nuggets

Perhaps a “countdown” timer to let the user know when the week’s picks will be closed.

Also maybe an “edit” picks feature so if someone changes his/her mind, of course before the pick window closes for the week and the games begin.

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

Made my picks. You guys are goin’ down!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by UtahUteGuy.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

Great work! I was putting something together and was going to need at least a few more days to get to this point you are at! DAMN!

Can we get some team logos or helmets include on each “pick-em” item? Would be easier to distinguish which teams are matched up.

Again, great work so far! Let me know any way I can help (icon / logo coming soon!)

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Can we get some team logos or helmets include on each “pick-em” item? Would be easier to distinguish which teams are matched up.

Yes. I mentioned in another post that this is basically the skeleton. I have database fields for the logo of each team and plan to put helmet or logo by each one. All the “pretty” work will happen after I get all the functionality right.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

*sees that you can view users picks*

*changes pick from BYU to Arizona*

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 TESTING 1234… First Pac-12 Pick Em Pages Now Live!