The Guy Holliday hire makes me so happy

Viewing 4 reply threads

hnoseguard
      Ute Fan
      @hnoseguard

Picking up Guy Holliday is one of the best offensive coaching changes we’ve made since joining the PAC-12.  Our receivers look night and day different compared to last year.

bighand
      Ute Fan
      @bighand

Agreed, that was the first game in a long time where the offense won the game rather than relying on the defense. The receiver play was a huge reason why. I love how this team is shaping up.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

I appreciate great defense, but it is exciting to see Utah win with offense.  Also, playing to win makes for a better fan experience than playing not to lose. Granted, we probably would have done just that if we had a lead early in the fourth quarter. I can hope that mentality has changed, but it probably depends on the opponent and situation.

1MNUte
          Ute Fan
          @1mnute

I heard Whitt refer to leaving points on the field several times this week. He said that they couldn’t afford to do it anymore and that they had to get that fixed. While I love Whitt and understand why he plays it conservatively at times, sometimes his conservative nature has lead to leaving points on the field. (Ie…Settling for 3 vs going for it on the final drive against the Y) I thought of his comments as he made the calls to go for it on 4th several times and biggest of all, to go for the win as opposed to playing for OT last night. His actions showed that he meant what he said. He was not going to settle for 3 when 7 was within their reach. It could have turned out badly but his decision to go for the win showed the team he is serious about not leaving points on the field. This should pay big dividends throughout the season for this team. Huge props to Whitt for believing in the team and to the team for taking his confidence and making it happen.

1MNUte
      Ute Fan
      @1mnute

I know not everyone follows the Y but it is also interesting to note that their receivers seem to have lost something this year. (Granted,  their best receivers graduated) I think this is more evidence that Guy Holiday is a good coach and gets the beat out of his receivers.

hnoseguard
        Ute Fan
        @hnoseguard

Spot on observation, BYU’s receivers are awful so far this year, although some of that is due to their QB pretending he’s throwing a baseball instead of a football. Utah has to do what’s best for Utah first (hiring Guy Holliday). But if that action also buttf**ks BYU in the process, that’s just icing on the cake.

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

I think he was a very good hire for Utah and the WR’s, but I think Troy Williams is a huge reason maybe even the bigger reason why the WR’s look better.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Seriously, the williams and Holliday gets were just amazing.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The Guy Holliday hire makes me so happy