Today sucked, but…

Viewing 2 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’m sick of the November collapses. I’m sick of dropping winnable games, especially at home.

I’ve always been afraid of playing teams that have nothing to lose. Credit to Oregon’s players and coaching staff. They wanted it more today.

Our coaching staff clearly did not have a sound game plan for today. They didn’t adequately prepare our team to play this game.

It’s easy to throw people under the bus and play the blame game. If I know Whitt, he’s going to step up and accept responsibility for this loss.

I don’t think we can realistically do better than Whitt as a head coach. I think Scalley deserves more time to prove himself. At this point, and I really hate to say it, but it might be time for a change at OC. I don’t know what the solution is, but the wild inconsistencies are becoming unacceptable.

I love our seniors. I love this team. I am grateful for all of the work they put in just so that I can forget about everything else for 4 hours a week.

And hey, we’re a team with nothing to lose next week. Duck season wasn’t great, but it’s open season for buffaloes.

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Listening to Swinney after the game, someone brought up Scott Mitchell as OC.

I would be all for that.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

I wouldn’t. Scott can be a QB coach, but I want someone who has a playbook of plays and high level experience to come in. Urban and Ludwig disappeared with theirs and we haven’t been the same since.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Has any qb shown improvement since Roderick took over as the coach?   We showed drastic improvements in the receivers since hiring Holliday. Roderick didn’t do anything as the receiver coach and hasn’t done much since. 

TWill hasn’t got any better IMO. Redzone offense is pathetic this season with critical turnovers happening there. They don’t allow TWill to audible at all and he is a tentative runner. 

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

The fumble was bad. But I like how TWill took care of the ball today in the pass game. He had a few good runs, and one or two deep shots that just missed I don’t think you can lay the blame on him.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I am not at all but you can’t take entire quarters off and just expect the defense to play the entire second half.  Three straight throws? Joe should have had another player of the week performance. I am faulting his coaches and the situations they put him in. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Today sucked, but…