Tufele to USC

Viewing 5 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

No surprise there. We aren’t going to be winning many head-to-head recruiting battles with Southern Cal. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Sucks that we can’t even lock down in-state talent though. The number of 4-5 star guys they have poached from this state just keeps adding up.

deleted
        Ute Fan
        @rolandovich

They do that to every state. I can’t fault any kid who goes to USC or Standford if they have the chance. We all would have done the same.

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

There is certainly an allure to USC that would be hard to pass up, but it is still disappointing. I cannot say I would choose differently, but there is something to be said for playing for your hometown team, in front of friends and family, and repping your home. The grass is not always greener.

Crimson Kid
      Ute Fan
      @crimsonkid

That was pretty selfish of Tufele to take the time that he did in the signing event at Bingham. All of the other students only took 5 seconds to say where they were going. He had to make it his show and thanks everyone…blah blah blah…. If you want to do that, take your own time, don’t overshadow all of the other student athletes there.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Not really. They purposely positioned him at the end because he was the best in state recruit. The kids at the table with him weren’t nearly as heavily recruited as he was. He deserved that moment. Good for him. I’m really bummed we lost him though. 

deleted
        Ute Fan
        @rolandovich

http://www.brainlesstales.com/images/2011/Mar/sour-grapes.jpgI bet that golden ticket makes the chocolate taste terrible.

Let’s enjoy what we have, not lament what we don’t!

bgz5
      Ute Fan
      @bgz5

I wish the kid the best. However this is gonna hurt for a while… Jay could of started something the utes desperately needed… thats the best player choosing to stay in state and the utes could of use that momentum going into future classes.

Torg
      Ute Fan
      @torg

If we won the south division this year, would that have also netted us Tufele today?

Hard to say, right?

Overall, it’s shaping up to be a fantastic recruiting class.

Crimson Kid
        Ute Fan
        @crimsonkid

No – a lot of these kids see this as an opportunity to get away from home. They see the tight white sweaters with SC on the chest of the songleaders and think they are set.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

In a word…. NO!  USC has decades of excellence on the field.  You don’t unseat with our resume until you win a NC a time or two.  Though we are obviously competitive with them on the field, we will not be for years to come in recruiting.   We’ll get there, but it will take another decade or two.  

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

Agreed. We are a program that is currently trending up, but we do not even begin to sniff the tradition and reputation that USC has. Now that they’re fully out of the sanction period and seem to have some stability within their coaching staff, it’s going to be even harder to beat them.

The road through the Pac12 South will be going through the Coliseum for the foreseeable future. This was really our year to win it, and we screwed the pooch.

Puget Ute
            Ute Fan
            @pugetute

I hope our Offensive Coaching staff will be able to install some of the magic that Penn State found against USC. When was the last time we scored TDs on 7 straight drives, against a great opponent? Has that ever happened? Maybe we scored on 7 straight drives against UTEP or somebody in the late 80s.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

I hope we can get a win there this fall and I think we can !!!!!! to prove a point

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tufele to USC