Utah up to 35th in kenpom and trending upward quickly

Viewing 1 reply thread

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Larry is an incredible team builder. Last year the biggest issues were a lack of guard penetration and wing athleticism and he has gone out and put together one of the better teams we’ve had in both regards. If he has able to hit on one or two of the top recruits we were going after this would be a special team. But the fact that he has put this kind of a team on the floor in  near complete rebuilding year is very impressive.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Agreed.

I will always wonder what happened with all of the transfers.

I like to imagine that it’s because they saw the incoming talent and knew they wouldn’t have a sniff of playing time because the new talent was superior, so they left. And then, after they leave, he goes out and get replacement players that are just as good or even better than those that left.

Or maybe the people that left thought this year would be a losing year with the loss of Delon and Jakob – so they wanted to get out so they might end on a winning note. Little did they know that Larry is not a loser…

I’m sure there’s more to the story… but that’s the way I like to imagine it 🙂 Larry’s an intense guy. I’m sure that there were a couple of personality clashes in there somewhere.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utah up to 35th in kenpom and trending upward quickly