Utes to face BYU in 2015 Las Vegas Bowl – Your Comments?

Viewing 15 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

utah byu las vegas bowl

Let’s hear it people. What are your thoughts? Personally I’d rather leave byu to rot in its own irrelevance.

Had the Utes not gagged on themselves in the Arizona and UCLA games we would not be in this situation.

I may miss this game as I might be on a flight back home from New York after watching the Runnin’ Utes play Duke at Madison Square Garden.

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Not excited. Lot to lose and little to gain.

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

I’m not happy but I’ll still be watching.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

It’s disappointing that we finished so poorly down the stretch but honestly the more I think about it the more fired up I am to watch the boys beat the TDS! We’re better up front on both sides of the ball, our linebackers will be healthy, our corners are better than their receivers, Dimmick will be back and Whit owns them with weeks of prep. Hell, Travis will probably play well to top it off in his last game…offensively we’ll see but we’ll be able to run it against them.

The potential let down in the Sun bowl is now replaced by some serious motivation in my opinion. Our guys will be “chomping at the bit” to shut them up…again.

Went from not being very excited to can’t freaking wait. 10 wins, sending Donko out with a 5th straight loss, crushing their recruiting hopes and banishing them to independent purgatory! Get on board they’re gonna need you in Vegas!

MBAute89
        Ute Fan
        @jtbuckner

^This is the attitude we as fans need to have. I’m sick of seeing fans on facebook or other blogs saying, “boycott the bowl!” We have no one to blame but ourselves for appearing so unappealing to the higher bowls. So now, play with a chip on our shoulders and pound the TDS into the dirt.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I don’t buy into that whole blame crap. Yes Utah finished poorly after being pretty banged up. BUT they still won 9 games.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I texted my brother to see if he wanted to go. We went last year. He said he would consider. Then he came back saying that I had to promise I would pour beer on Zoobs.! I said I would. He then said I would have to promise to tip over a Zoob in a wheelchair and pour beer on while pronouncing them baptized in the Church of Latter Day Hedoniats. I’m thinking about it. What kind of beer would be appropriate?

P.S. My brother went to the U in the late ’70s and suffered under the Lavell Edwards era Zoobs

P.S.S. Already got my sign made for the game: PROTECT THIS JUNK!

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

DISAPPOINTED. We finished 9-3, tied for first in the South. That’s a good season. Let’s put things in perspective.

Ole Miss finished 9-3, and is headed to the Sugar Bowl against #16 Oklahoma St. They lost to CFB #19, unranked Arkansas and unranked Memphis. Best wins #2 Alabama, #20 LSU. Three of their wins are against UTM, Fresno St. and NMSU.

Michigan finished 9-3, and is playing in the Citrus bowl to play #19 Florida. Losses to #22 Utah, #3 Michigan St, and #7 Ohio St. Best win #13 Northwestern.

Utah finished 9-3, and is heading to the Las Vegas Bowl against unranked BYU. Losses to #25 USC, unranked Arizona, unranked UCLA. Best wins #14 Michigan and #15 Oregon.

#17 Baylor at 9-3 gets #10 North Carolina in the Russell Athletic Bowl. Losses to #4 Oklahoma, #11 TCU and 5-7 Texas. Best win #16 Oklahoma St.

Does anybody else see a very huge SEC bias? Ole Miss loses to a G5 and gets a NY6. Michigan’s losses are pretty hard to argue as quality losses. Baylor lost to 5-7 Texas.

In spite of our late season slide I think we still had a better season than Ole Miss and Baylor. Yet we didn’t get quite the bowl game we deserved. All three of those other teams get a ranked team in a much better bowl game. East Coast bias? Pac12 unrespected? Or did we just get the shaft?

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

P**SED! Let’s send the ‘Nut Punchers’ back to Provo with a broken ego.

GO UTES!

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Maybe there will be a brawl in the stands that will convince Chris Hill to cancel all the remaining games…

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I hope the Utes get new jockstraps and cups for this game.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

we got robbed but it’s all about the $$. UCLA and USC are better teams for $$ in CA bowls. So…. here we are at the LV bowl again. part of me is sick and part of me wants to destroy TDS. unfortunately for me… i can’t go this year. i’ll be in SLC having driven up two days beforehand…. can’t adjust plans and dam i don’t want to drive 6 hours back to LV anyway. will watch on TV. GO UTES !

PS it just sickens me to see the zoobs talking smack about our bowl selection especially since many of them have been talking about this matchup for a while and we’ve been telling them to take their pipe dream elsewhere. eatin some crow !

Charles Satterfield
        @1bamafan

Bowls used to be about rewarding good teams. This was before television and of course cable. Teams traveled by train and huge crowds would come out to wave as the train passed through town. Christmas parades drew huge crowds as well because there was nothing to do at home except play checkers or cards (no TV).

Ah, then comes TV and Cable. Now teams go where the bowl/conference/TV network can make the most money. Utah would have been in the Sugar, Outback, Citrus or some other New Year day bowl game except Ole Miss, Arkansas and the like will sell more tickets than Utah would.

Not fair but that is the way the dollars fall.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Nothing to gain by playing in this game. That being said, I feel pretty good about kicking the crap out of the zoobs.

Their giddiness is due to the fact that Booker & Covey are out. This will be their best chance to get a W but I still like the Utes chances. Come out p**sed and hungry and Utes win this 28-10.

GO UTES!

Charles Satterfield
        @1bamafan

Nothing to gain by playing in this game. I agree and this gives BYU the edge. This is the same way Bama fans (including myself) felt in 2008 when we fell from #1 to face a MWC Utah in the Sugar Bowl. We were number one right until the lost the SEC championship game. I hope the Utes are not so bummed out they are just going to go thru the motions.

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

I will back our team and more than likely watch the game, but I don’t want to hear the rhetoric of how the PAC12 doesn’t want repeat bowl appearances that is obviously bulls**t.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

Glimpse into the Las Vegas bowl stands:

I don’t think chris actually knows where beer goes

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Travis Wilson and a very small group of players will be the first ever to beat byu at Rice-Eccles, at LES, and on a neutral field. TW is probably the only starter who can claim this distinction.

Who else on the team has played all 4 years? Porter? Aiono? Did Norris or Whittingham play as FR?

FormerUteSax
      Ute Fan
      @formerutesax

At least its on ABC…

Viewing 15 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utes to face BYU in 2015 Las Vegas Bowl – Your Comments?