Webmonkey aka Chris Evans

Viewing 4 reply threads

Basketball Junkie
      Ute Fan
      @basketballjunkie

Chris Evans or Webmonkey  of UteFans –  Did he Pass Away? Sorry if this has been report or if it is not true.  Link below!

OMG if true, so sad ….RIP Chris

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=17346293

6 2

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I know I’m going to get slammed for this, but there were a lot of people who were assholes in regards to Chris.  Some will say he deserved it, but no one deserves to be treated poorly.  RIP Chris.

Anonymous
        Inactive

In my experience when someone passes on it is best to remember the good things about that person. Everyone has flaws and generally in life we get beat up justly or unjustly for those things. But let’s focus on the positive right now. 

1 3

pedro
          Ute Fan
          @pedro

To each his own.  I would rather try to a make a positive difference then stick my head in the sand and pretend people wern’t dicks to him.  Myself included at times.  My goald is to learn from my mistakes and taking a retrospective always serves as a good teaching tool.  You do it your way, I’ll do it mine.  

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

Many people, myself included, were critical of the way the website was run lately. I think it’s safe to say none of us wished ill on him and we were all pulling for him to get healthy and get his life back in order and be happy. I know I certainly was. I never even met him in person but it felt like losing someone I knew. It is truly heartbreaking news.

pedro
              Ute Fan
              @pedro

Tacoma, Your a good guy and a great poster, but that is pure bunk.  Though I can’t recalled whether you were a dick or not, others certainly were calling him out, calling him a loser, a drunk, a useless piece of s**t (all quotes).  We all got our issues, but nobody deserves to be s**t on.  

leftyjace
                Ute Fan
                @leftyjace

I would challenge you to find any posts on here where people were being that crude and negative about Monkey as a person. Yes posts were made (definitely by me) where his actions were condemned in harsh terms. But his actions deserved condemnation. And yet those posts are always made with wishes for him to get things together and start heading in the right direction.

It is possible to admire and respect the good things about him while wanting him to fix the bad things and being mad or angry when he did the wrong things that directly affected people. People who were frustrated by his actions or felt personally fooled by his fundraising efforts should not be castrated for voicing their displeasure. Now that he’s gone, why can’t you just let people focus on the good?

You brought this line of discussion up, this is on you. Just because he has died doesn’t take away the facts of his behavior, which in many ways was inappropriate.

People are trying to let sleeping dogs lie. Quit trying to wake them up in the name of trying to one-up everyone.

Let it go, man. He’s gone. This serves no purpose.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Yes

Chitz
      Ute Fan
      @chitz

I don’t know any details, but this is all over Facebook right now.  Sad day.

Chris and I were in the same program at the U–and he was truly the undergrad star in the department.  His passion for creating and maintaining utefans.net (and its progenitors) allowed me to maintain a very real connection to the school and fans, even though I live 2,000 miles away from the U.  It’s a tragedy that he fell on hard times, and I’m grateful that Tony has picked up the baton, but I will always be grateful to my friend Chris.

crazyute7
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute7

Seems to be true.  According to his sister, he died sometime this past Saturday.  I’m sorry to hear it.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Webmonkey aka Chris Evans