Week 2 rankings?

Viewing 4 reply threads

CyclingUte
      Ute Fan
      @cyclingute

I think Utah still gets left out of the top 25. I don’t believe we get enough respect from the SUU game, but I think we get in after we beat BYU. Thoughts?

Anonymous
      Inactive

No but plenty of teams in front lost.  USC looked bad enough that it might push Utah in but I think they end up around 26.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t think we should be ranked in the top 25, and probably shouldn’t until into the first part of the Pac-12 season if we don’t lose before then.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I totally get where you are coming from, but I disagree. I think Utah not being ranked preseason is a slap in our face. We won 10 games last year, have a top 10 secondary, a top 2 DL, and return most of our OL (even though they were disappointing, know one would know that in August).

For Oregon to be ranked, when they were terrible without Adams, and they just lost Adams and not us? For Washington to be ranked in the top 15 and we weren’t ranked at all? We gave Wash their second worst loss of the year.

We should be ranked right now. We should be ranked before week 1. We should be ranked until we play USC. Then, if we win, we should be a top 15, maybe even top 10 team.

We get respect, I tell ya. No respect.

UtahUteGuy
          Ute Fan
          @utahuteguy

I would be seriously disappointed if the Utes are ranked in the upcoming polls.  Why?  Because I think that it would be distracting to the players, and would serve as fodder for all of the local media douchebags.  Our players need to feel disrespected this week.  They need to feel like national attention is something they need to earn.  What they don’t need is early season hype.

Forget about the polls for now.  If this team performs, those things will take care of themselves.  We’re in the big time now, boys, remember that.  Recall what happened last year when we were 6-0.  We were a top-5 team.  That will happen again this year if we are 6-0, no question.  For right now, all our players need to think bout is game two against byu-p.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I do agree that them not being ranked is good for Utah. But, that doesn’t take away that they should be ranked right now.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Yeah I think it is insulting but to be expected.  Tenn being in the top ten shows you how much you should care about the polls.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Washington as well. They won 7 games last year. To expect a team to go from 7 to 10/11 wins is INSANE. 9 wins would be their ceiling, as jumps like that just don’t happen…unless you have Cam Newton, and they do not.

Washington is very, very good. They probably end up with 8-9 wins and ranked. That is a realistic expectation.

Anonymous
              Inactive

Looking at the PAC12 I think Washington gets to 10 wins. Just from week one I am not as impressed with the PAC.
              SEC looks even more top heavy this season.

Utah has had some great chances to compete for PAC12 title. But this is by far their best chance ever.

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

Hell, I hope we don’t get ranked until we win the first 6 games of the year.

GreatNorthernUte
      Ute Fan
      @greatnorthernute

Who cares? Rankings at this point might as well be monkeys throwing darts at a dartboard.

I actually really despise preseason polls. They do nothing but serve the interests of college football royalty by ‘anchoring’ the royalty teams to higher rankings despite poor results.

If the AP had integrity, they wouldn’t release any poll until at least Week 6.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Week 2 rankings?