Well, this is it guys. Is this the year that we FINALLY break through and beat ASU in football?

Viewing 16 reply threads

Matthew Thomas Castleton
      Ute Fan
      @mcastleton928

We haven’t beaten them since 1976. 1976. 1970 father freaking six? Seriously? Lemme put that into perspective for y’all. Gerald Ford was president when we last beat ASU in football. Star Wars hadn’t been made a movie yet when we last beat them. CD’s hadn’t been invented the last time we beat them. The Utah Jazz still played in New Orleans the last time we beat them. Blacks still couldn’t hold the priesthood in the LDS religion the last time we beat them. Isn’t about freaking serious time that we put an end to that dreadful streak of theirs and put our current lead in the Pac-12 South into stranglehold status? I say the time has come gentlemen and gentle ladies. Let’s change history on Saturday. Go Utes!!!!!

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Um, yeah, sure, why not!!!!!!!

GO UTES!!!!!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’ve grown to REALLY dislike the AZ schools. Todd Graham has pretty much embarrassed us since we joined the Pac.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

“It’s a trap!” ~Admiral Ackbar

Expect a grinder this weekend versus ASU.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by THEeyepatch. Reason: correct grammar

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yea beat the sporks! GO UTES!

Stradlater
      Ute Fan
      @stradlater

Yes, this is the year we beat ASU. After that the future is unclear.

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jake

As far as I can tell, Coach Graham rocks a flat top. Like, an Iceman-style flat top. I really hope the Utes get them this year, because it feels like s**t to continually lose to a team that is skippered by a dude with a damn flat top.

Jumpmasterute
        Ute Fan
        @jumpmasterute

Watch your mouth with that flat top talk. That’s all I’ve sported for the last 31 yrs. I will say mine looks a hell of a lot better than Grahams. 🙂

AZswayze
          Ute Fan
          @AZswayze

Military guys and Russian boxers get a pass. Otherwise flat tops have no place in modern society.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by AZswayze.

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I do not care for either AZ teams partially because I had a very bad experience with some ASU fans last year in Vegas, complete utter douchebags. Yes I think this is the year… I’m liking this teams grit. Showing they have what it takes to get things done, even if events don’t go there way.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Well let’s not label an entire fan base by a few idiots in Vegas. I agree though not a fan of Arizona schools.

It was the first year Utah played ASU at home in the PAC12. The idiots I sat next to in NEZ sold their tickets to ASU fans. They were actually pretty cool fans. One guy was really complimenting the stadium and Ute fans. He took a lot of the negative comments directed at him and really laughed it off. It was heartbreaking loss and he wasn’t a jerk at all.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Its time to beat ASU

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

I hate AZ’s basketball and football coaches, ASU I only head their football coach. I have no problems with the teams or fanbases yet. I really really want to win those games this year. I would gladly drop both the OSU and UW games to sweep the south this year.

AZswayze
      Ute Fan
      @AZswayze

Please, please, please. I do not hate any other team in the PAC-12, but my hatred for ASU more than makes up for any soft spot I have for USC or Cal or UCLA. Todd Graham is a an uberdouche, the fans are megadicks, and their stadium is about as s**tty a facility as I’ve seen at the college level (let alone NFL).

Anonymous
        Inactive

I actually love their stadium. It’s big and beautiful. Had a great time there in 2004, one of the best venues in college football.

AZswayze
          Ute Fan
          @AZswayze

The location is awesome, nestled between Tempe Town Lake and Tempe Butte. They’ve also built up quite the little skyline across from the stadium in recent years. The facility itself is garbage though. A steaming pile of steel and s**t.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

“Todd Graham is a an uberdouche, the fans are megadicks, and their stadium is about as s**tty a facility as I’ve seen at the college level (let alone NFL).”

I COMPLETELY AGREE !!! I hate Graham more than anyone else and I’m waiting the day he gets fired. He completely screwed PITT over.

UteStuckInSeattle
      Ute Fan
      @utestuckinseattle

We had it in the bag in 2013 and let is slip away.

We were one FG away from winning in 2014.

We’re are a more talented, deeper, and healthier team this year than we ever have been and we have them back in our house.

It’s our year! GO UTES!!!

UtahSig
        Ute Fan
        @utahsig

Agree with UteStuckinSeattle. The last two games were so close. We have a better team and they have a worse team than the last two years. I think we get them.

As for Todd Graham, I really hate that guy two. I’m not sure what it is? The way he left Pitt? The wristbands and headset? It’s not because they have beat us, Rich Rod beats us like a drum and I don’t hate that guy. The fact that he talks about winning NC?

Some people might think I am giving in to hyperbole when I say this, but I really think I hate Todd Graham more than Bronco. At this point Bronco just makes me laugh. I swear that guy trolls his own fan base, and I can appreciate a guy that trolls the Zoobs. Graham is just 100% pure douche.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

it’s our year for sure. gotta figure out their blitzing scheme and good things will happen

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jake

I am baffled that anyone could hate Todd Graham more than Rich Rodriguez. I don’t think there is a coach on the planet that I dislike as much as Rodriguez. He is a tremendous clown.

Exhibit A: Rich Rod demonstrates that he is a jerk-off

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Jake.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

I think I have more hatred for Graham due to the fact that, living near Tempe, I’m hit over the head with news and interviews from the guy 24/7. He rubbed me the wrong way by how he left Pitt, then before the first football season even started he was showing up at ASU basketball games acting like a clown. Some people feel like that’s awesome how he tries to make himself a part of the community, but I like my coaches to act like professionals. He started off his tenure with a very Broncoesque vibe. Then he takes the field with those wristbands, popped collars, and madonna mic. Last but not least is his voice itself. He sounds like a slightly more coherent George W Bush. Most of my reasons are petty, but I just don’t like the guy. He seems like such a weasel.

Jake
          Ute Fan
          @jake

Hey, I’m with you on him being a weasel. I just think that Rich Rod is worse. To each his own. I’m good with you leading the hate for TG and I’ll continue to hate RR. Hopefully the Utes can pull out wins against each of them this year, so my hate will be less helpless.

UteStuckInSeattle
            Ute Fan
            @utestuckinseattle

I really don’t have anything against either head coach but, as we owe both AZ schools an @$$whoopin’, I would happily carry hate in my heart for them if it means we can beat them this year.

GO UTES!!!

Homer Crimson
      Ute Fan
      @homercrimson

Yes

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Victory is practically guaranteed if we score more points. I think we will.

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

There’s an open coaching position in SoCal that might be right up your alley.

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Well, this is it guys. Is this the year that we FINALLY break through and beat ASU in football?