What are you listening to – 2/10/17 edition

Viewing 16 reply threads

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I’ve always found Aeternam’s particular fusion of middle eastern influences, symphonic arrangements, and death metal to be absolutely fascinating.  Their new album “Ruins of Empires” that dropped this morning is no exception.

“Damascus Gate” is a brilliant tune.

What’s on your musical plate?

3 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m gonna own it. This morning, I listened to a lot of Taylor Swift. Boom. There you go. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Motörhead lately. 

I love their covers:

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

This morning, Muse, Bloc Party and Radiohead.  I did listen to Katy Perry’s new song “Chained to the Rhythm”, which sounded okay, something of a departure from the pure bubble gum pop for which she is famous.  Oh yes, and some old school stuff like Moody Blues and Talking Heads.  Damn…I’ve been up for a long time already this morning!

mesovanhorny
      Ute Fan
      @mesovanhorny

Interpol and Banks & Steelz.  So good. Paul Banks (Interpol) and RZA from Wu Tang.  It’s off of the charts.

UtahUteGuy
        Ute Fan
        @utahuteguy

I like the eclecticism, man!  I just checked out Banks and Steelz, and already like it.  You may consider listening to Big Grams, if you like interesting rap-rock combos.  Big Grams is Big Boi from Outkast and Phantogram.  The song “Nobody Speak” is another collaboration with rap/rock flavor (nsfw lyrics!) that everybody should check out.  It’s by Run the Jewels and DJ Shadow.  You’ll like it, you have my guarantee.

Newbomb Turk
      Ute Fan
      @newbombturk

Louis Prima

Irwin_M_Fletcher
      Ute Fan
      @irwinmfletcher

I’ve been hooked on this song “Cold Fame” by Band of Skulls for a couple weeks. I’m also digging a song called “The Mountain” by Heartless Bastards. Beyond those I’ve been feeling Tom Petty for the past little while. He’s got a ton of really good stuff.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Jack Johnson

Riot West
      Ute Fan
      @riotwest

Earlier this week I returned to the Beastie Boys:

https://youtu.be/LYpzWRk7E9I

By last night’s commute, I needed some SERENITY NOW!, so I knocked the dust of Untitled Sigur Ros, which I hadn’t listened to for at least the last decade:

Which reminded me of this mashup of Sigur Ros/Biggie Smalls/Destiny’s Child:

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

NICE!!!! This week my daughter did a walk on for her school Mr and Ms Griz competition to

Wife made her some boxer shorts (silk like Rocky!!!) and a cape, she lip synced on the way down to the stage, she edited the song to make it a little shorter.

It was AWESOME!!!!!

DanielLaRussoUte
        Ute Fan
        @daniellarussoute

This is the first time I have ever seen someone that isn’t me post Kids and Explosions anywhere on the internet.
        Feels strange.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Beastie Boys was so like two weeks ago for me.

Sabotage is still a go to song when I lift.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

By last night’s commute, I needed some SERENITY NOW!

I saw this Serenity on a cruise ship last Saturday night. It was sublime. 🙂

(Side note: can someone remind me how to link Youtube videos so they show up in the post? TIA)

loyter
      Ute Fan
      @loyter

I’m listening to What are you Listening To?
      <iframe width=”560″ height=”315″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/o_pPsmPFT4E&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hoo Ray Who?
      Ute Fan
      @mattybumbo

I’ve been setting the way-back machine to the late 80s-early 90s local Ska scene and listening to Swim Herschel Swim. 

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

I’ve been setting the way-back machine to the late 80s-early 90s local Ska scene and listening to Swim Herschel Swim.

Oh, man…that post just led me down an 90’s ska rabbit hole on Youtube. MU330, Mephiskapheles, The Toasters, Dance Hall Crashers, Skankin’ Pickle, Blue Meanies, The Aquabats. Such fun shows.

DanielLaRussoUte
      Ute Fan
      @daniellarussoute

*The WAYLT threads have become self-sustaining*

It’s all part of the plan…

beaslad
      Ute Fan
      @beaslad

New OverKill came out today.  And a defunct band called Witherfall got their debut released also and it’s amazing.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

I’ll listen to just about anything as long as it’s not “Poker Face” or “Moves like Jagger”. I’d rather be stabbed in both eyes with a pencil than hear either of those.

Irwin_M_Fletcher
        Ute Fan
        @irwinmfletcher

How do you wake Lady Gaga up from a nap? Poker face.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

Kids, classic rock is the only way to listen. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Cloudkicker, Amplifier, Plini

Viewing 16 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc What are you listening to – 2/10/17 edition