with this incredibly asinine audit going on

Viewing 2 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

we should schedule, and announce, Weber and USU on the schedule, for multiple seasons, just to troll the crap out of the zoobs

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I would actually like to get USU or Weber St back on the schedule. I really don’t know why they don’t play each other. I would like to see Utah establish a long term contract with USU in both football and basketball to be honest.

Jumpmasterute
        Ute Fan
        @jumpmasterute

Agreed. But lets drop playing SUU in football forever. Reminds me of the SEC and I troll my SEC friends about games like this all the time.

Anonymous
          Inactive

Yeah I hate that game. I don’t think it does anything positive for the team at all.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I wouldnt mind playing them at all. Dont think it needs to be a yearly thing though. Never understood this “you are obligated to play the local teams every year” thing.

Wilson’s Mustache
          Ute Fan
          @sigmaute

I don’t think either team should feel obligated to play each other, but from my experience, a good spirited rivalry makes games a lot more fun. I’d much rather play USU than San Jose State or Northern Illinois.

At the very least I would like to see us put more former Mountain West teams on the schedule (though maybe not Air Force). CSU, New Mexico, or Wyoming could be fun.

An annual game against TCU would be awesome though I doubt either school would agree to it.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

I know from a money and national exposure perspective playing USU yearly is bad for business, but I’d take that game every year over scheduling TDS-P and other in state “rivals”.  Its low cost to travel and keep s a nice traditional rivalry going. Doing it in both basketball and football would be acceptable.

I agree though that rushing out and doing it in response to this audit would be silly. I think we wait until it shows nothing, then set something up that starts after the TDS football series ends, and then never go to Provo EVER again.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I like the idea of Salt Lake Tourney held at the Jazz arena. All of the locals invited.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Doing anything in a response to this would be equally asinine.

Schedule a team that helps Utahs RPI.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

nothing is as asinine as state legislature spending time on sports

Anonymous
          Inactive

@rbmw263  Sports is probably one of the least asinine things the Utah legislature has spent time on as of late.

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

Absolutely agree. But that shouldn’t mean we should be OK with it. Shouldn’t be happy when a super low bar is surpassed.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) with this incredibly asinine audit going on